Default Customer Service? Not so much.

Purchased my brand new Moomba in September of 2008. Since then I have had multiple problems with it. Skiers Choice sent me a survey, filled it out expressing my concerns and was contacted by a nice man who reacted as though I was overeacting. He told me to try it out for a season and then let him know if I was still dissatisfied. Well, we have now reached the end of the season and guess what? Still not happy. I have broken down at least 3 or 4 times this summer. I had my boat serviced after it had been broken in last November and also had to have other parts replaced (it was brand new!) I couldn't figure out why I kept having problems. I contacted Moomba, told them I was not happy with the boat or the service I had been recieveing from the dealer. Finally, a gentleman from Moomba contacted me (let's just say his name rhymes with Mob Moucks.) He was really nice and told me he understood my frustration and was going to get this taken care of. I would call him several times a week and he would rarely return my calls. Finally, the mechanic from the dealer told me that Inmar had contacted him and told him to contact me. I explained that I noticed a broken hose in my boat that had been spraying water over everything. I thought it was odd that my boat had been taking in so much water, but the owner of the dealership explained that was normal. I should have known not to trust these people at this point. However, everyone was just so nice I thought they actually cared about their customers. I think the most upsetting part is that it has been a dream of mine to have a ski boat since I was a child. I finally got myself into a financial situation where I afford one and now my dreams have been crushed. I understand boats will always have problems. I have owned one for quite some time. I think a company with the slogan, "No Worries" should really stand by what they say. Still waiting to hear back from Mob Moucks. . .left him another message today.

I'm waiting to hear from Mob too......

Sounds like a bad dealer to me.

I had some problems with a dealer in my area earlier this year. The thread is on this board, so I won't revisit the ugly details here. But "Mob" was involved with that as well. I thanked him once for his quick reply to me, and he said that they had been so busy that despite his best efforts many other people would not feel the same about his response time. I think that like many companies, SC is stretched to the limit right now from a resource perspective.

MLS103 - if you have a few minutes and are so inclined, please detail the issues or symptoms your boat has. I can understand your disappointment and not wanting to waste any more time on this stuff, but perhaps there is a way we can help you if we have details. You indicate that this is a ski boat. Is it the Outback? I ordered my Outback at the January '07 Chicago boat show and took delivery three months later in April. Options include heater, tower, bimini top, ballast system, depth gauge, and upgraded sound system. The tower mirror bracket broke and was replaced under warranty. One cooling system hose (raw water pump intake side) ruptured and was replaced under warranty. One of two strap on the bimini top boot tore. It was not covered under warranty and cost me $90 to replace from Moomba. Straps on new boot are better design. These three issues aside, boat overall has performed completely to my satisfaction. Starts first time every time and has given us 120 hours of great fun and top performance. Right now I'm getting prepared with parts and information so I can winterize by the middle of October. This will be a first for me. Until now, all winterization and summerization has been done by the dealer. I am cutting down this annual expense from $700 to $200 by doing it myself. - Deerfield
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles