Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I'll take a stab at that, ski rope is 75' long, 15off is shortining the rope by 15', the part that hooks the boat has shorter lengths(different colors) and that is how they shorten the rope.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

cool. thanks.
    very similar to a wakeboard rope with the different lengths to make the distance across the wake shorter..
    now I'm going to ask my buddy today what he skis and watch him setup his boomerang.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Pretty good description of the lengths and colors, etc. here:

http://waterski.about.com/od/slalomw...mropechart.htm
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

The point of the article was to tell people there are alternatives to the $1200 ski a pro would need. Most skiers have never been on the course. Zegm, you have one in your back yard. I don't blame you or the others who run it regularly for reaching toward the pro stuff. I wasn't trying to talk anyone into buying lesser equipment, just sharing info.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Default Ski School

I have contacted Cory Pickos Ski school in order to take a lesson there next weekend, 19 Sep if anyone would like to attend.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

Sled491 Guest

Funny, we were having this discussion this morning between sets. I don't think you need the absolute latest technology, but after 10 yrs of age, you will appriciate the change to new technology.

Today I skied 34mph 32off. I ski almost every day, if I'm home. Averages out to about 4 days a week. Here is what we have discovered as a group. There are not enough catagories. There are Pros, that's a given. There are beginners, that also is a given. Then every one else is considered recreational. There in lies the problem. I'm not a pro, but I'm.... well lets just say I'm not just a recreational skier. I know my Siege is slow across the wake, and maintanes good angle, initiates turns well and is semi forgiving. What I need is something much faster across the wake while generating good angle. Read all the ski descriptions you want and what I'm looking for is a Pro level ski. Will I ski it to its true potential, not quite. But it will get me closer than I was. I can ski 6 balls at 34 no probs down to 22 off. If I want to go 28 and beyond I need a faster ski, period.

You need to be honest with your level and buy the next ski above what you need to keep you advancing. But much of what I see through U tube videos and such show that most guys are skiing at a lower level than they believe they are.

Cool

Like most sports its always better to try to achieve the next level. Equipment issues holding you back don't help but can hinder ie slow ski.
    Like playing sports i'd rather play with or against some one as good or better because you will usually learn from someone better rather than playing down, to let someone keep up. Yes we all do play up or down at sometime or another . I'd rather have equipment that is above your level and try to achieve that level but not going too far to the point of something being dangerous.
    As for skis,i too am skiing a ski thats still more than i really need, but it gives me the chance to get better and not hamper me.I'm skiing an 08 Monza that is FAST but can be a little unforgiving at times and forces me to smarten up or pay the price.This ski is forcing me to do things correctly as its not as forgiving as my old ski. Push the limits and it wants to GO,which also tells me that there is way more that can be done with it. There are skis that are fast and forgiving etc but also at what price?. Find a ski that suits your needs or slightly above and enjoy.
    A couple of times i have given the old Triumph a go again and i thoroughly still enjoy it,but there is a difference and now i kinda pick for the conditions aor my mood. Have fun and keep skiing,while the water is still soft.