Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Sled491 Guest

If I remeber correct, was like 450 across the back.

This summer we tried 800 across the back, 540 down the surf side and another 400 placed on the floor. It was almost scary getting on top and shooting down the wall.

Thanks Sled,
    I just bought an '07 Outback and looking to add some weight, just bought a used CWB ride, to which will be our Learning/teaching board...What type of rope and where did you find it....Having problems getting a used or sale priced surf rope....

where'd u get your CWB Ride. Been looking for one either used or New closeout price. They are hard to find!

either that or a Hyperlite Broadcast?

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Sled491 Guest

I use a straightline T handle surf rope. Think I paid about 40 bucks. You have to be pretty diligent to find surf ropes on sale, but I'm sure a sale or two will pop up between now and spring.

On the board, despite popular opinion I wouldn't waste money on the ride. You will advance past it too fast. I got a Walkers Project first board and loved it from day one. I like that new Squirt from Inland Surfer for value also and is designed for advancement with the ability to take 3 fins.

I see Phase 3 boards really cheap on Ebay all the time also.

Hey Viking,
    If you go to craiglook.com and it will search all the listings across the USA.Just imput the item or boat you are looking for and it spits out all findings...I found mine in Florida had it shipped to Canada and still saved a shit load of money compared to what new boards in the shops cost up here...

thanks Sled and Psycho! Appreciate the pointers. I need a good first board and really not sure what to get! I know that there are deals if you look around though!

2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

shes on a CWB tsunami 57 "
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

Sled,
    Since we have the same boat - what is your weight setup for surfing?
    I purchased a 750lb rear seat sac and 400lb V-drive sa. Plan on using these as well as the stock sac (about 350bls) to throw up in the walkway. Figure sacking her out should do the trick after all my reading but wondering what you do!

Thanks,
    Brian

2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Sled491 Guest

As we run with a light weight crowd, 3 kids and wife all small, I have to depend on the bags 100%.

I run a 800 across the back, and a 600 down the side. I have a few times run a 600 on both sides and get a good wake but need to get the boat tilted more. I think we need some weight up front but our boats sit so low already that any more weight up front is just asking the lake to come in

I'm thinking of running the 800 down the side from tight to the back under the seat then tucking a 600 beside it across the back to see if I can get a better wall and curl.

Quote Originally Posted by Sled491 View Post
    As we run with a light weight crowd, 3 kids and wife all small, I have to depend on the bags 100%.

I run a 800 across the back, and a 600 down the side. I have a few times run a 600 on both sides and get a good wake but need to get the boat tilted more. I think we need some weight up front but our boats sit so low already that any more weight up front is just asking the lake to come in

I'm thinking of running the 800 down the side from tight to the back under the seat then tucking a 600 beside it across the back to see if I can get a better wall and curl.
    So Sled - After I tire of moving the big guys around in my Outback and filling them with beverages, what is the basic setup I should look for? A couple bags, fittings, pumps, etc.