Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Sled491 Guest

I run the 13 x 13 4 blade. You need some serious prop when your running 1400lbs ballast!

Wayne there is a place called the Prop shop in Ocauchee WI that fixes DD Props. That's who my dealer uses

Sled,
    do you run that prop all the time. Skiing and wakeboarding too? I'm happy with the stock prop (it's an OJ) and good hole shot with top end around 40. I ski (60) and wakeboard (40). Just getting into surfing and will try it out next season. I'm going to get a spare anyway so figured I'd set that up for surfing?

Quote Originally Posted by Sled491 View Post
    I run the 13 x 13 4 blade. You need some serious prop when your running 1400lbs ballast!

Wayne there is a place called the Prop shop in Ocauchee WI that fixes DD Props. That's who my dealer uses

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Sled491 Guest

Yep I run that prop all the time. I ski every morning 5 days a week then some afternoons and weekends are for surfing and wakeboarding.

I run the stock 13 x 13. I can top out around 46 and it still has good holeshot and works good for surfing too. My hull is a little older so that might make a difference. It's just the right one for me. I'm 20 surf 40 wb 20 ski and 20 kneeboard and tubing.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Sled and Kane,
    what brand prop? ACME, OJ, ect.... Did u notice alot of difference with the 4 blade over 3?
    Thanks
    Last edited by viking; 10-29-2009 at 07:22 PM. Reason: forgot 2nd question

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Sled491 Guest

Mine is a stainless I bought off some guy here on the boards. It's a lesser known name which escapes me right now. I'd say they hole shot is a bit better, but I think some of the stuff OJ and Acme are doing now with a 3 blade is just as good if not better.

To be honest I'm thinking of going back to the 3 blade and trying one like Z got for his LS as I ski every morning usually and my boat is one of 3 in the rotation, while my kids are still pretty young and don't require anything special to have fun.

We can surf my 02' DD Outback with ZERO ballast - simply some good people weight spread throughout the boat. The wave isn't awesome like that - but it's definitely surfable.

With some ballast in the rear corner and some weight up front - it surfs real nice.
    Sold my Moomba. Currently boat whoring.

Set Ups - 09 CWB Transcend Platinum w/ 09 Ronix Cells (his) and 08 Liquid Force Angel w/ 08 Alloys (hers)

Sled491 Guest

My kids can but not me, but we never have that many people in our boat.

With out the rope I could , and so could my daughter but we couldn't do a lot of mooves unless we had the tanks full and some peeps in the boat.

heres my daughter behind a 99 outback ls
    https://forum.moomba.com/attachment....1&d=1258065513

https://forum.moomba.com/attachment....1&d=1258065679
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by DOCDRS; 11-12-2009 at 10:50 PM.
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug