Default Using fake a lake to install antifreeze

I know that everyone has read something about using fake a lake to get antifreeze into boat during winterizing . I am about to try this for the first time , made up a five gallon bucket with fitting on bottom which hooks up to a hose ,which then runs to fake a lake . Will then fill bucket with antifreeze which should be sucked into manifolds, am I correct. I have already drained the manifolds as per instructions from a previous thread just want to make sure that once I see antifreeze coming from exhaust I should be good to go .Also once I am done do I then remove impellar and replace with new one as it has been a couple of years without replacing old one.

It should suck it up with a good seal of the fakealake. Correct on seeing come out on both exhaust, it should have circulated thru.

I plan to pull my old impellar, order a new one, and tie wrap it to the steering wheel. In the spring put the new one in and kept the old one as a spare if still good.
    2014 Mojo Surf
    2013 Mojo Sold
    2010 LSV Sold
    2002 OB LSV Sold

If you use antifreeze, just make sure that it is well circulated. At my marina, one time they did not do this enough to push out or dilute some water in the heater core, which froze. At least they replaced it for me without charge. Actually, they did not mention it at all, until I asked for an early dewinterising. They probably were not even going to mention it.

If you have a heater, the engine must be up to operating temperature (170-180) in order for the thermostat to open. If the thermostat isn't open, you risk not circulating RV antifreeze through the heater core which could result in damage.

You have to drain the engine block(both sides) along with the manifolds. If you don't drain the block the antifreeze will just blow out the manifolds unless you run the engine long enough for the thermostat to open which will take A-LOT of antifreeze.
    jy

You can run the engine with the fake-a-lake up to operating temperature, then introduce the RV antifreeze with the heater on to make sure you get antifreeze into the heater core. A 5 gallon pail of RV antifreeze is plenty to circulate through your entire system.