Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Question: Anyone in Canada (particularly northern) _NOT_ use anti freeze when winterizing?
    1998 Moomba Outback, Indmar Blackhawk

Sled491 Guest

Ii don't live there anymore, but I used to live in Thunder Bay Ontario. We never used it on our Nautique

_ST_ -

I live in Calgary and have a place in Sylvan. I have done my own winterization for as long as I can remember. Only the last three years with an inboard motor which is a little more work. I decided to NOT fill with anti-freeze after a bunch or 'research' on this forumn and in talking to a number of marine mechanics. I have done my own boat and a bunch of others in Sylvan this way without any problems. The best info I read was on this forumn from someone with Indimar (I think) that indicated they do not fill their blocks with AntiFreeze after the engines are tested and sent out. I think is was a post by Engine Nut???

I have the 325 Assult Engine and simply drain the block, exhaust manifolds, all hoses, and the ballast system. If you have a heater MAKE SURE you remove one of your heater lines and pour a pile of RV AntiFreeze in the line and blow on the line until it starts to drain out the block. The heater is the easiest thing to forget and likely the first to crack if full of water. Make sure to get all the water out of the ballast system too. That sprinkler manifold is all threaded unions and tends to trap water in it. To comment on the other issue.....I just fog the thottle body. Works for me!