Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I got a medium size box anchor for my 07 outback v.the kind that looks like a box with triangle spikes in one side. it folds flat. That dang anchor holds in 20 kt. winds in the mud.unbelievable.

Default That Darn Box anchor

I agree that an Anchor is a must... I was towing 2 boarders who might have had a few too many, and One fell the other held on, and while tring to pick up one, the Rope went around the prop... Luckily, I cut the engine quick enough to avoid harm, but the river current took us right towards rocks... threw out the anchor, and we were good while I cut off the old rope one breath at a time...

But those Box anchors are what I'm going to get this winter. One off of my buddies eliminator held 5 of us in the river current... Where My mud sand anchor barely can hold me...

Quote Originally Posted by lundyent View Post
    I got a medium size box anchor for my 07 outback v.the kind that looks like a box with triangle spikes in one side. it folds flat. That dang anchor holds in 20 kt. winds in the mud.unbelievable.

Bought a small box anchor and it held the Mobius XLV without any problems. Worked like a charm. Very impressed.
    2009 Moomba Mobius XLV: 340hp, bimini top, Kenwood speaker system with sub.

I also came across the box anchor when searching for an anchor online. Defintely what I am looking at getting along with the Anchor Buddy, a shore spike and a buoy.