Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Well, thanks to Rugburn too. I am giving up pizza pie for a little while but can still help. I can't remember if I mentioned this before but you can buy a box of frozen dough balls to shape into crusts from Publix, I think, and definitely from Sam's Club-- but you might have to go to the bakery or pizza counter-- can't remember which.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

man that looks great- I have to make it to these get togethers next year- Is this one generally on labor day?
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!
    2001 Ski Nautique closed bow-slalom course only!
    attracted to shiny things that float

The Flint river Jamboree is not an official Skiers Choice event, rather it was started by a couple of Great Guys (Kaneboats/Moombadaze) who like to get together with their other Moomba buddies. I would suggest that you send Kaneboats an PM or just wait as he will read this tomorrow and I am sure he will post a reply!

As someone who was there it was Great and you should also keep in mind that we did this on Lake Sinclair too (Milledgeville GA) and will probably do it again next year! In this case you might want to send Wolfeman a message or again he is on the boards often so you will probably get a reply from him too.

The moral to this story is that you don't need factory help to have a great Moomba Family get together (Jamboree). You just need about 4 Moomba families and a body of water close by! And if you are up to it I am sure we will be doing these events again next year (Sled you listening!!!!) and everyone would welcome you and any Moomba families with open arms!

Quote Originally Posted by skiyaker View Post
    I have to make it to these get togethers next year-
    Be on the look out for one next summer(july/august?) at Lake Cumberland, Dale Hollow or Lake Norris--might be a little closer for ya or come on down, these mini jams are a blast!
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Keep an eye out in the spring when we start planning. We'll post all the dates, etc. when we plan on getting together. I have done the Flint River thing in late Sept. in 08 and Labor Day w/e in 09. The water was a bit cold in late Sept. but it was a great time. The Labor Day date worked great for scheduling but the end of summer gnats were a pain for camping so I would probably try to schedule it either much earlier (May or June) or 2 weeks later next year.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Okay how cool is this. I have skied, tubed, swam and fish a million times on Lake Seminole and now I find out Moomba owners have a gathering there. I was born and raised in Faceville. Family still there as well. The sandbar wasn't there until the flood of 1994.

I am on Lake Sinclair now but the family farm is about 10 minutes from where you have the event on the sandbar. Awesome smooth water most of the time but there are tons of large gators around. Jack Wingates lodge is an awesome place to visit if you go down river alittle. Faceville landing is a nice place to launch from but only primative camping but there is a pavilion there.

I will definately be there next year. Can't wait.

MrsZ Guest

See, I knew there were gators, kaneboats!

There is a mini jam at Sinclair too!

Stop it! You're making me hungry.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!