Default Tower Speakers Install-yet another one!

Hi everyone:
    I finally broke down and bought a set of Wetsound PRO 80's for my tower. Aside from being a very time consuming project, this was very straight forward. I used lots of information from the threads on the board. Thanks to all of you who have ventured down this path before me. As soon as I get the boat cleaned up, I will post some pics of what it looks like.
    Here is what I put in:

Phase I -
    2 Dual (150 watt single channel) amps - got these on Ubid.com for a ridiculously low price - we'll see how well they last.
    2 Wetsounds PRO 80's - bought them from my local authorized dealer.
    1 Pyle PLM#20PA - Public address system - an inexpensive alternative to the Wetsounds eq. - I really just wanted to have the ability to talk to the rider and wasn't worried about the sound quality of the Wetsounds. Here is a link to it.

https://www.electrawarehouse.com/pro...=Pyle+PLMR20PA

1 Kenwood KDC-342U head unit so I could direct control my IPOD. I figured out (after the fact) that this unit does not coexist with the wired remote, so I have to rethink that and I may be yanking it to put it in my motorhome, but so far, it works nice with its wireless remote. I don't know how long it will be before the little remote falls into the lake!

Phase II - figure out what I am going to do with the Kenwood deck I put in. In all honesty, I was being lazy and I concentrated only on what I could put in that would not make me rewire the cabin speakers. In retrospect, I would also like to run the cabin speakers through the Pyle PA system so all music stops when you key up the mik. - nice to have, not need to have.

I also want to add a third amp for the cabin speakers and possibly upgrade everything to either Wetsounds or Polks.

Finally, I think I may be needing a second battery. Back to the threads to look for pro's and con's on that.

Thanks to all of you for all your posts that helped me figure this one out.

I believe I saved about $400 in installation costs judging by what two different installers quoted me in town.
    2007 LSV - All red
    Wetsounds PRO 80's WS420 Eq
    Acme 1433

nothing better than the satisfaction of doing a job like this yourself...
    nice to learn about the wiring and know how it was done when you go to upgrade down the road..

congrats and hope the sound lives up to your expectations..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Definitely feels good to do it yourself and save a few bucks in the process!

I'd highly recommend comparing the Polks to the WetSounds for your cabin. I am running Polk MM's powered by Kicker amps in mine. My buddy is running WetSounds powered by Rockford Fosgate in his. I spent about half of what he did shopping on-line and doing the installation myself and he claims mine sounds just as good if not better. Power ratings for the 6.5" are about identical so if you have them properly amped you'll be very happy with Polks!
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Definitely feels good to do it yourself and save a few bucks in the process!

I'd highly recommend comparing the Polks to the WetSounds for your cabin. I am running Polk MM's powered by Kicker amps in mine. My buddy is running WetSounds powered by Rockford Fosgate in his. I spent about half of what he did shopping on-line and doing the installation myself and he claims mine sounds just as good if not better. Power ratings for the 6.5" are about identical so if you have them properly amped you'll be very happy with Polks!
    Thanks for the tip!
    I will definitely check them out.
    On a side note, I took the boat out this weekend. The Wetsounds were soooo loud and CLEAR! I loved the sound they put out. 65 ft away on the wakeboard=PERFECT clarity. 100 ft away on an island exploring with the kids and dog... still great sound!

My little PA idea with the Pyle PA controller worked great as well.
    2007 LSV - All red
    Wetsounds PRO 80's WS420 Eq
    Acme 1433