Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

The weight of Tigés is one reason the ConvexV hull works so well.
    2007 Mobius LSV

are the moomba's light boats? my launch20 shows 3200lbs dry, and I'm guessing around 3500 once loaded with gas, gear and coolers.. similar to the 20ft tige...
    I always thought the 20ssv was very similar to the outback v, but guessing not..

thinking next trip out, I'm going to weigh the boat at our scale at work to see. wondering if I'll be surprised..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Sled491 Guest

I believe the weights for the LSV and XLV and the Supras are all in line with the competition. I looked at an X14 a couple of weeks ago, fully loaded I could have got it for 56K, down from 70. Very beautiful red, but the sales rep made so many mistakes about specs on the boat I was just turned off. And these specs were what were important to me for many reasons.

Some one earlier made a comment about why the big boys like MC and such lead the pack. I have to stop everyone here and remind them that Moomba and Supra are both in the top 5 selling ski boats in the Market (some one will need to check that for me, it might just be one of our boats). If we're not leading the pack, then who is?

skiers is still a ways off the lead.
    here's the numbers for '08 as reported by wakeworld.
    granted a much improved year and probably shows that consumers are looking for better values for their $$ in this economy..

will be anxious to see the '09 year end numbers and see where moomba is. bet it's another couple points higher, however still a long ways to go, and some of the data will be skewed with dealers closing shops, some of the prices the higher end boats are being sold for will dilute the marketshare percentages..

Last edited by sandm; 09-09-2009 at 11:36 AM.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Sled491 Guest

Very interesting. But note that if you called all SC boats "SC boats" we would be #3 overall.

Guma - What's the plan? Have you made a decision?

Quote Originally Posted by dtlaine View Post
    Guma - What's the plan? Have you made a decision?
    After quite a bit of deliberation we have decided to go with the Tige 22Ve. There were quite a few factors that went into our decision. We both know the Moomba is, and will remain, a quality boat, but there were things from the start that we felt we were compromising on and eventually we didn't want to settle, just because of the price point the Moomba brand offers.

I do want to thank everyone here in helping us make our decision, even though it was a competitor's boat. I have read and learned a lot from all the threads on this forum, and will continue to lurk and post when I have something to add. I have also joined the Tige forum, under the same name, and have posted what we will be ordering in early Jan.

BTW - Look for a Sea Dek swim platform cover coming up for sale in the near future. I ordered it, not wanting to miss out on the GB price.

Post some pics of the new rig. 22ve is excellence.
    Sold my Moomba. Currently boat whoring.

Set Ups - 09 CWB Transcend Platinum w/ 09 Ronix Cells (his) and 08 Liquid Force Angel w/ 08 Alloys (hers)

Here are the pics from the boat builder. We won't be placing our order till Jan for delivery in Mar.

Interior

Does it have the pickle fork front end or no?

Can't remember if the new 22VE's or or just the RZ2's.
    Sold my Moomba. Currently boat whoring.

Set Ups - 09 CWB Transcend Platinum w/ 09 Ronix Cells (his) and 08 Liquid Force Angel w/ 08 Alloys (hers)