Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Just thought I would give a little update as to what all went down today. Got up to Bay Area Watersports to check out the MC line of boats. Met up with one of the owners, Jim, while I was there and told him what I was looking for in a boat. Seems the X-15 is the MC boat for my needs. We went for a ride in a X2 on the lake right beside his shop. Nice ride, enjoyed the performance, overall a great boat. I am sure that goes without saying! Jim loaded me up wioth brochures and two DVDs, and 2 complimentary tickets to the upcoming boat show in Tampa, Sept 11-13th. Great guy, even went to Beef O Brady's for lunch afterwards with Jim and one of his buddies. Free boat ride, free DVD's, free tickets, and free lunch, pretty good start already, Right?

Well I get back home late in the afternoon and I have a few emails from Tony from the Tige dealer. I had mentioned to them about my upcoming business trip to Dallas. They told me the Tige factory was in Abilene, about 3 hrs away. After I explained my already tight schedule they said lets see what our sales manager can work out for you. Hour later a rep from Tige calls me to get the details on my travel and says he will call me back tonight.

Sure enough he calls back, probably within the hour. Tells me he has airline tickets ready to go to fly me from Dallas to Abilene at 1pm with a return flight at 6pm. This is on Monday of next week, the same day that I actually fly into Dallas at 11:30am. They will have someone at the airport in Abilene to pick me up and tour the factory, take out a boat for another test drive, and basically hang out the Tige factory for almost 4 hours.

I was completely floored and more excited about getting out to Texas than ever. I feel like a Rock Star getting all this stuff handed to me! I guess this is what they do to sell a boat nowadays.

I want to say thank you all the Moomba guys on here who have commented in this thread and for the fact that is has not turned into a Tige bashing session. Speaks volumes for the class of people on here! I will say with all the new items coming out for Tige in 2010 (check out the updated website), I may end up going with the 22Ve from Tige, and I will definitely try and get pics and a trip report to share with you guys when I get back.

I am glad to hear that Jim treated you well. I had a pro (Tim keepers) on my boat once, and he said the x2 throws a terrible wake. The qualities he is looking for are different than what most of us are after, but that's what he said. With you in riverview, you may want to look @ the saltwater series. My neighbors love taking their x15 into the bay. I think Jim got the mc factory involved in my neighbor's sale to get some money off. You may want to explore that option.

Yeah the wake behind the X2 was not very impressive, but a nice wake nonetheless. He didn't have an X-15 ready to go out on the water and he was the only one in the office when I showed up and on top of that they are getting ready for the boat show next weekend.

He did give me a price range, and I think it may be out of our budget. The X-15 with the options I am looking for would be well over $70k.

Yeah
    , they are expensive. If it truly comes down to a price issue, be sure to take another run @ it. Of course, If you find you like the Tige or Moomba better, the mc price is a non-issue.

Guma, my buddy and i went to get a part for his tige a couple a weeks ago .... and an x15 was in the showroom which he seriously contemplated, but it sold the next couple days before he could really think about it on sale for $59,220.

this boat was friggin loaded and has the interior room of a 24 ft boat.

http://www.seagermarine.com/Default.aspx?RD=3252&Feat=1

Click on the x15 slider sold tag to get the pics
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by Guma View Post
    Yeah the wake behind the X2 was not very impressive, but a nice wake nonetheless. He didn't have an X-15 ready to go out on the water and he was the only one in the office when I showed up and on top of that they are getting ready for the boat show next weekend.

He did give me a price range, and I think it may be out of our budget. The X-15 with the options I am looking for would be well over $70k.
    Give Shawn a call at American Power Sports in Rancho Cordova, CA. He had a 2009 SUPRA Worlds Edition 22V for sale for $54,000! I believe this boat is superior to the X-15 and Tige, it just has too many options and a much larger ballast than both. This Worlds Edition is easily over $70k in a good market. This boat is bad ass, and loaded to the hill with every option available. For $54k it was a steal, not sure if its still available but worth giving him a call. They are a great dealership and will take care of you. (916) 635-4644.. again, ask for Shawn.
    Last edited by Fman; 09-04-2009 at 07:44 PM.

Guma, I was in Dallas last weekend and I went to The Slalom Shop (Tige dealer there) (I actually went to every ski boat shop) and he only has 2 "new" (both 08s) boats in stock.

In the 90s, I felt that Tige had one of the best slalom boat out there and TAPS made it a viable boarding boat. Now, I was not impressed with their slalom boat's wake. A good friend of mine has owned 2 Tiges and loved them, but he is a boarder only.

Have fun on the tour.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

I'd buy a new Tige RZ2 tomorrow if I had the cash flow.

They have improved their wakeboats, quality, etc by leaps and bounds in the past 2 years.

Comparing an 07' Tige to a 2010 Tige is laughable.
    Sold my Moomba. Currently boat whoring.

Set Ups - 09 CWB Transcend Platinum w/ 09 Ronix Cells (his) and 08 Liquid Force Angel w/ 08 Alloys (hers)

i am very happy with my moomba. a lot more than the price went into our decision to buy. i don't plan to buy another boat for several years.

I like Tige alpha Z tower, I'm not so fond of their other tower. One thing i can't get past it the weight of the Tige boats. I'm pretty recreation skier, some wakeboard begginer. The outback weights 2750 lbs., Tige 20i 3250lbs. or Tige 22i 3895 lbs. I realized the 22i is larger than the OB but it isn't that much larger. Wouldn't you want the weight in ballast and a lighter boat the remainder of the time-save fuel when not loaded. I really like the layout of the 22i with the alpha z tower.

Add: I also use my Ford Sport Trac to pull my boat. Something heavier I would need more of a full size vehicle.
    Last edited by Hoopskier; 09-05-2009 at 07:06 PM.
    2003 Outback, Assault EFI, (6) Polk Audio DB651s, JL Audio M6600 amp, JL Audio M1700 amp, JL Audio 10w6v2 subwoofer