Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Now .Now you guys are both Upper States guys. Play nice. I think that comment should be pointed more to the Southern Boys who want to quit well before its really time. Up here its winterizing and frozen lakes when we say STOP.
    Haha - we're just havin some fun. We're all on the same team here!

Quote Originally Posted by zegm View Post
    Hey can someone ask my wife if she will buy me a shortie wetsuit? The water temperature is getting into the lower 80's and yeah after you have 88 degree water all summer this is getting COLD!!!!

what is winterizing! I just park her in the garage for the 2 weeks it is to cold (below 70 outside) to ski!
    Oh man.. I would KILL to have that life. Literally. I hate, hate, hate winter. If I lived in the south - I could justify spending $60k on a boat no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by flatH20 View Post
    Jeff - love the rebuttal! fact is we've all got our own weather to contend with... southern boys are spoiled and probably don't even know it... cold down there is like average to us folks up north... fact is, anything over 70 - we're ready and willing... suit or not... i would confide to the group and heater and shower would be a nice addition tho... keep watching - I'm going for broke - I want to hit the water around thanksgiving - and live to tell...
    When it's 70 up here, the bikini's start busting out. When it's 70 in Texas, they start riding in dry suits and wear hoodies and jeans on the lake

Quote Originally Posted by BensonWdby View Post
    Jeff - Been a long time ago now, but we used to get glass pretty regular on Lake Marion. We used to set up the portable course on the west side just south of the gap by the landing.

If you need an extra body for some skiing on a week night - PM me. Work in Bloomington, I can be in Lakeville in a heart beat - even for a long lunch if the boat is in the water.

How did the whole monster lift installment go?

Dave
    Anytime you want to come down - you're welcome. We split our time between skiing and wakeboarding so I'll have to get in touch with you on a ski night. Do you wakeboard too? If so, we're riding tonight at 5:30 on Marion. If you just ski - I'll be in touch in the next week. I've got one other buddy that ski's fairly well and we like to get out at LEAST once a week.

The lift install was easy once I had the horsepower. I'll just winch it out and leave it on the shore over the winter and dropping it back in will be a breeze.

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    love the playful banter, usually reserved for the golf course, but that made me laugh.
    We gotta add a little more life to this place. As long as it doesn't get malicious, it will attract more forum regulars. This is by FAR the the most "laid back" (polite way of saying stuffy) forum I'm on and I'm a member of 35+ forums. Makes it more fun when people have a good time!
    Sold my Moomba. Currently boat whoring.

Set Ups - 09 CWB Transcend Platinum w/ 09 Ronix Cells (his) and 08 Liquid Force Angel w/ 08 Alloys (hers)

I don't think we're stuffy around here, just extremely polite. (Excuse me a moment while I re-cap the Grey Poupon -- thank you.) Now, where was I? Oh yes, you chaps needn't worry about a little verbal gamesmanship. It's not reserved for golf and polo you know.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Now .Now you guys are both Upper States guys. Play nice. I think that comment should be pointed more to the Southern Boys who want to quit well before its really time. Up here its winterizing and frozen lakes when we say STOP.

It is really nice being south of down south.
    Jan 1st we hit the lake and did some surfing and as for winterizing-put some fuel stabalizer in the gas tank and toss the cover on the boat while its in the garage to help keep it clean while it sits for a month or two, I mean everyone needs a little break and football is on anyway.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

That's right. Boating season starts the week after the superbowl and goes through Thanksgiving.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I hate you guys. We get GOOD weather from June 1st to August 31st and anything from May 1- June 1 and Sept 1 - Oct. 1 is SKETCH and wet suit time.

So jealous.

Set Ups - 09 CWB Transcend Platinum w/ 09 Ronix Cells (his) and 08 Liquid Force Angel w/ 08 Alloys (hers)

They have gators though.....
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

^^haha. I love going to phoenix to golf every january. standing outside the restaurants on a friday night after a round of golf in shorts and a polo. air temps around 65 and the locals are in pants and a heavy coat. cracks me up
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Yeah, nice shots. Gonna have to try to get some like that this weekend.

On the gator thing I will say that in about mid-May during the mating season they can be a little more aggressive. Other than that they won't hardly bother you. Sure wish the idiots wouldn't feed them though. That's how you lose your dog or kid.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

buddy

me