Default surf wake pic...

well 2nd day with the boat and getting the surf wake dialed, it must be twice as big as the old natique. LSV seems to like 10.0 or 10.3 mph and the wake plate about 1/4 of the way up. had the left rear 750 filled, and a 440 in the left seat.
    puting the wake plate lower would make the wake even taller, yet still clean, but seemed to drastically shorten the pocket, and ridable/saveable area seemd to really shrink.

i have to play with the wake plate every time depending on weight of people on the boat, wind, water depth, etc to get the wave just right. usually between 1/2 to 3/4 up is best for me. and a little faster to make the wave longer, about 11.5 mph, and move that bag on the left seat closer to the back corner of the boat. see if that helps make it a little bigger.
    Lake Tahoe slaysh / Shred Stixx flo team

It's looking pretty darn good. Lots of fun on that thing.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by totalbrody34 View Post
    i have to play with the wake plate every time depending on weight of people on the boat, wind, water depth, etc to get the wave just right. usually between 1/2 to 3/4 up is best for me. and a little faster to make the wave longer, about 11.5 mph, and move that bag on the left seat closer to the back corner of the boat. see if that helps make it a little bigger.
    awesome tips!, i will definatly try that!
    how much weight are you running? (we dont have other people in the boat, just a driver)

about 1000lbs in the corner and one adult usually sitting on the rear deck. sometimes when there is just a driver (no spotter) i'll add another couple hundred pounds to the seat. I've found that over weighting the side of the boat hasn't helped at all. focus the weight to the back corner.

Here is a pic from last night.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by totalbrody34 View Post
    about 1000lbs in the corner and one adult usually sitting on the rear deck. sometimes when there is just a driver (no spotter) i'll add another couple hundred pounds to the seat. I've found that over weighting the side of the boat hasn't helped at all. focus the weight to the back corner.
    i will try that thanks! my tiny nautique(direct drive) really liked the side weight more so than back corner. so im still learning for sure. are you guys filling the ski locker sack?

no weight in the ski locker

i moved the 440 side sack all the way at the back of the seat until it touches the rear.
    tried bumping up the speed 11-11.5 was too fast. did lengthen the pocket but at too great of sacrifice in vertical size. was just low with a roller top. no peak or curl and small.

10.7 seemed to be perfect.

I always fill the ski locker bag and have the driver stand on top of it so his weight is along the center line of boat. The weight in the middle of the boat helps lengthen the pocket. I also have a 750 in the rear locker. See my recent post in this section to see my complete set up and pic of the wave.

The LSV with just the 750 and the 400 in the locker puts out a nice surfable wave. With practice, it is enough for anyoneto freesurf on.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV