Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tough Summer

Sled491 Guest

Go figure weather all weekend was cold. Saturday rain and crappy. Sunday, sun, but cold and windy. Today, just beautiful. Lake was like glass, warmed up to high 70's. Go figure we were backing up to move back to our other house for the winter. My neighbor on the lake called at 8 jonsing to ski, but had too much to do. Gonna try and sneak out tomorrow and wed before I leave for fishing trip to Canada.

That's why I invested in 3 drysuits so my friends can join me until Dec. in Iowa. Actually, I've noticed the last 3 summers in Iowa the warm water just wasn't there for long. Maybe 6 to 7 weeks not being in wetsuits or drysuits. Before that, Memorial weekend (or before) til past Labor Day was no wetsuits. Where's the global warming???

Sled491 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by barefooterh2o View Post
    That's why I invested in 3 drysuits so my friends can join me until Dec. in Iowa. Actually, I've noticed the last 3 summers in Iowa the warm water just wasn't there for long. Maybe 6 to 7 weeks not being in wetsuits or drysuits. Before that, Memorial weekend (or before) til past Labor Day was no wetsuits. Where's the global warming???
    Amen Brother! Was out today, just awsum. 75 degrees, had to put on the shorty though as these mid 40 nights aren't helping the water temp. Made some of my best passes all season!

I just bought a body glove shorty. I would have rather had a billabong or quiksilver but I had gift cards to bass pro and body glove was the best they had. I was hoping not to have to use it anytime soon but with as cool and windy as it's been I may have to break it out sooner.

I have Bare wetsuits. Good quality at a fair price. Also Canadian made.