Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by walb0244 View Post
    I like the idea of this. One reason I would like this is for when I'm towing the boat from place to place as well. Won't have to worry about the compartments coming open. I tow with no cover so don't want to worry about when I pull off someone taking something.
    I tow without a cover a well at least an hour each way and have never had the compartments come open even a little. I've towed over four hours @ 65mph and they didn't budge either. The way they close together is so tight i don't think they could.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    So let me get this idea straight in my crooked mind.

You installed the hoop bracket on the underside of the Left and Right storage < ballast covers >

Drilled holes threw the aluminum framing from the engine compartment.

SO when you open the engine cover you install the pins threw the aluminum framing into the loop brackets.

Since the pins are in the engine compartment you can lock the engine cover to keep the side compartments locked as well?

I like the idea i really do. My only problem is my engine cover is a pain to open. When i grab the handle i have to hold the plastic case the handle folds down in to turn it. Other wise the entire thing turns.

I really like your idea because we leave the boat out on the street on nice weeks instead of taking it all down to get it in the garage and i always worry about peeps messing or looking in my compartments.

Mike - I think I have a solution to that plastic issue your having. I had a simlar issue. From what I recall, there is a large plastic nut on the underside of the engine compartment that you need to tighten, and then the whole thing should stay put when you twist the handle to open the compartment. I turned out the steel latch on the underside of mine was super loose too.
    2015 Supra SC400
    08 LSV - Sold
    Go big, or go home.

Quote Originally Posted by squeeg333 View Post
    Mike - I think I have a solution to that plastic issue your having. I had a simlar issue. From what I recall, there is a large plastic nut on the underside of the engine compartment that you need to tighten, and then the whole thing should stay put when you twist the handle to open the compartment. I turned out the steel latch on the underside of mine was super loose too.
    Yes sir you are right i did that near the end of last summer and works like a charm. Course it took the whole mechanism falling apart in the boat first LOL. Imagine the horror and embarrassment as i went to open my engine bay at the ramp to let it cool while cleaning the boat, with all the on lookers and the handle came right off in my hand LOL.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]