Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Locking rear storage *pics*

Hard to explain, so hopefully the pics speak for themselves. I drilled a hole in the aluminum frame to allow a pin to pass through the frame and through the eye I screwed to the bottom of the sundeck. I did this front and rear on both sides. When the engine compartment is locked, and the pins are in place, you can't open the rear storage compartments.
    Attached Images Attached Images

that's actually a real good idea. haven't really ever thought about theft, but that would take care of the basic "opportunity" criminals...

nice post..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

That is a great idea.
    Just wish my model had the engine hatch lock
    2014 Mojo Surf
    2013 Mojo Sold
    2010 LSV Sold
    2002 OB LSV Sold

So let me get this idea straight in my crooked mind.

You installed the hoop bracket on the underside of the Left and Right storage < ballast covers >

Drilled holes threw the aluminum framing from the engine compartment.

SO when you open the engine cover you install the pins threw the aluminum framing into the loop brackets.

Since the pins are in the engine compartment you can lock the engine cover to keep the side compartments locked as well?

I like the idea i really do. My only problem is my engine cover is a pain to open. When i grab the handle i have to hold the plastic case the handle folds down in to turn it. Other wise the entire thing turns.

I really like your idea because we leave the boat out on the street on nice weeks instead of taking it all down to get it in the garage and i always worry about peeps messing or looking in my compartments.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    So let me get this idea straight in my crooked mind.

You installed the hoop bracket on the underside of the Left and Right storage < ballast covers >

Drilled holes threw the aluminum framing from the engine compartment.

SO when you open the engine cover you install the pins threw the aluminum framing into the loop brackets.

Since the pins are in the engine compartment you can lock the engine cover to keep the side compartments locked as well?

I like the idea i really do. My only problem is my engine cover is a pain to open. When i grab the handle i have to hold the plastic case the handle folds down in to turn it. Other wise the entire thing turns.

I really like your idea because we leave the boat out on the street on nice weeks instead of taking it all down to get it in the garage and i always worry about peeps messing or looking in my compartments.
    Yep, exactly right.

I don't plan to have the pins there most of the time, just when I want to leave a board or two in back and not put it in the garage.

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    My only problem is my engine cover is a pain to open. When i grab the handle i have to hold the plastic case the handle folds down in to turn it. Other wise the entire thing turns.
    On the underside of the handle is a big plastic nut. Tightening that down will stop the rotation.

Default moomba

I thought the moombas came with that setup from the factory. I guess only the supras have it. My 2003 supra launch had it from the factory. A little different bracket on the lid but the same exact setup. Nice job.

Quote Originally Posted by 98outback View Post
    I thought the moombas came with that setup from the factory. I guess only the supras have it. My 2003 supra launch had it from the factory. A little different bracket on the lid but the same exact setup. Nice job.
    I'd love to see pics of this! Maybe the parts could be ordered and fitted to the moombas? And here I thought this idea was all my own...

Default pics

will snap some pics when I get home tonight

Quote Originally Posted by brain_rinse View Post
    I'd love to see pics of this! Maybe the parts could be ordered and fitted to the moombas? And here I thought this idea was all my own...
    They probably can be retrofitted. They are not Supra specific as you can find the identical units used at West Marine or Overton's. The problem is one; you may have to add material for the latch to work underneath, ie: same as the plate on the pylon and two; you'll have to remove the storage lockers covers, remove the upholstery and have it recessed like the engine unit the put back on.
    2007 Mobius LSV