Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default pics

Sorry i did not get any pics last night. It was raining here and I didnt want to walk out to the boat shelter. I will get some today and post them up tonight.

Default pics

Here are the pics as promised. Sorry they are a little dark. The batteries in my camera were dead so I had to use my iphone. If anyone needs better pics I will get them this weekend. The first and fourth pic are of the bracket on the deck. The second pic is where you put the pins when not using them. The third pic is with the pin installed into the deck lid. Hope this helps someone.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very Cool idea.
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

Quote Originally Posted by 98outback View Post
    Here are the pics as promised. Sorry they are a little dark. The batteries in my camera were dead so I had to use my iphone. If anyone needs better pics I will get them this weekend. The first and fourth pic are of the bracket on the deck. The second pic is where you put the pins when not using them. The third pic is with the pin installed into the deck lid. Hope this helps someone.
    No way.. The pins are even the same! So much for my "original" idea. If the parts aren't too expensive, I think it would be easier to go with the factory parts since it would allow you to drill the holes in the aluminum channel lower. I like the tether idea too... I'll have to copy that part. Thanks for posting the pics!

Default no problem

I know this came on the boat from the factory. Im not sure if it is standard or if it was an option. I have never had a problem with theft at my lakehouse but I do lock it overnight if I leave the boat in the water.

I like the idea of the locking compartments, but on mine (like almost all according to dealer near me) the lock for the engine compartment turns if you turn it hard enough. Therefore when you turn the lock it kind of defeats the purpose of basing everthing off the engine compartment lock.

Not trying to be a buzz kill. If yours doesn't turn then more power to you, lock it up, but still don't like leaving expensive boards/neos/lines/handles in the boat in storage. I keep mine at a private storage place that has cameras, and family lives right behind my stall, so maybe its just me.

Good idea though.
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV Black/Grey
    Board - 08 Ronix Covin / 08 Ronix Cells
    Surf - CWB Tsunami
    Audio - 6 - JL M650-CCX 6.5" in boat
    2 - JL M770-ETX 7.7" on Tower
    2 - JL 10" W1 Subs
    JL M6600W & JL M1700W Amps

Quote Originally Posted by SC_LSV View Post
    I like the idea of the locking compartments, but on mine (like almost all according to dealer near me) the lock for the engine compartment turns if you turn it hard enough. Therefore when you turn the lock it kind of defeats the purpose of basing everthing off the engine compartment lock.

Not trying to be a buzz kill. If yours doesn't turn then more power to you, lock it up, but still don't like leaving expensive boards/neos/lines/handles in the boat in storage. I keep mine at a private storage place that has cameras, and family lives right behind my stall, so maybe its just me.

Good idea though.
    Yeah, I agree it's nowhere near theft proof. Just hoping to stop the opportunity theives. I've had enough stuff stolen to know that if someone wants something bad enough they'll find a way to get it.

If you crank down the plastic nut on the underside of the locking handle it keeps the thing from rotating so easily. I added some locktite to mine to stop it from backing out like it had been. Again, not foolproof - I'm sure with some leverage the whole thing would still turn.

I never leave any expensive items in the boat unsecured. I pull the removeable faceplate on the stereo, ipod, anything worth stealing. When at the lake and moored overnight i lock the boards to the racks with cable locks from Master Lock. Wrap it around the boards and tower and click together. In order to get them off you'd have to remove the bindings and for most people that takes too long and requires tools. Of course my boat is also moored 20' out from shore or in a patrolled slip. Been doing it this way for three years without issue.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2007 Mobius LSV

I actually like the OP's bracket better. it looks lower profile and less likely to snag or cut something.

I like the idea of this. One reason I would like this is for when I'm towing the boat from place to place as well. Won't have to worry about the compartments coming open. I tow with no cover so don't want to worry about when I pull off someone taking something.