Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default I go high not far?

Been wakeboarding for a year now and wondering if anyone has any advice for me. When I hit the wake I get more height than anyone on the boat but I always land just short of the far wake where everyone else clears the wake but dosn't get as much height. Is there something that I am doing different would really like to clear the wake. I ride with no ballast usually about 5 adults in boat and about 22 mph.
    Don't need nothin but a good time!!!!

Without seeing you ride, here would be a few suggestions. First off you can cut out wider. You need to make sure that when you are coming into and through the wake that you continue with your progressive edge all of the way through the wake. Put more weight on the front 1/3rd of the board. Your are trying to drive the front 1/3rd of the board into the water. Try that and see if it helps.
    Only try to modify one thing at a time so that you know if it works or not.

Good luck!
    2008 Mobius LSV Blue and Black.

Thnx I will give that a try!!

Aproach the wake with more speed by getting on edge sooner and have the hardest edge at the wake.
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

Without seeing, it sounds like you are "standing up" (stop edging) just prior to hitting the wake. I do that when I want a trick to go more up than out. Keep that progressive edge through the wake.
    Until you get more comfortable on the board, you could shorten the rope 5 feet to get to a narrower part of the wake in order to clear it.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

Thnx guys yeah I think I'm standing up right at the wake where I need to edge through it sounds like that is my problem. Had a nice face plant myself yesterday wife gave me a 10.

Another think you can try is picking up the speed 1 mph or try bringing in the rope 5 feet. Either way the wake will not be quite as wide so the can get a better hang of it.

isn't this a great feeling
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

it all depends on what type of edge you are doing...if you are getting more height than distance it seems like you are doing a ollie edge..meaning you are edging out and using the natural pull of the boat to bring you back to the wake and ollie'ing when you jump..that type of edge it used for spins, handle passes and keeps the line tension low...you should try a porgressive edege meaning that when you edge out and get set up, you come back towards the wake with line tension and edge harder towards the wake good for wake to wakt or wake to flats and trick that need more line tension.

I had a similar problem when I was learning W2W. I was getting good height, but I was just missing the other side. I noticed this guy killing it on the lake that day and asked him what my problem was. It may seem sorta weird, but he told me that as soon as I swing out of the wake to swing far out and cut right back in for the W2W jump. No thinking about it or hesitating just get good edge and go big. If you swing out far and think about it you drift in as your thinking about the jump. It is all kind of a mind thing. If your getting really good height you probably already have a good edge it just requires a little more momentum. Give it a try, I know that it helped me really carry it over the wake. Have fun..
    "Pro's don't do it till they get it right, they do it until they don't get it wrong"

2007 Moomba LSV. 3,500lbs ballast
    No stereo setup just a wake monster!