Hybrid View

Default Lake Dale Hollow campground ?

http://www.reserveamerica.com/campgr...O&parkId=71317

http://www.reserveamerica.com/campgr...O&parkId=71256

anybody ever stay at either one? if ya did what did you think?

thanks
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

I have stayed at Lillydale before. I live about 15 minutes from Dale Hollow Lake. Lillydale is pretty nice, but unfortunately there was a pine beetle that came through several years ago and killed all the pine trees. There is not tons of shade now for many of the sites, but there aren't any pine-needles either. There are 2 sides, primitive and developed. If you can get one of the lakeside sites, you can anchor your boat right offshore. We stayed for a weekend last summer. It is on a nice section of the lake............but then all of the lake is nice. If you need further information, please feel free to ask more questions. Also, it is quite a ways from civilization, (about 30 minutes on a rather curvy road) so make sure to get all of your food etc before your arrival to the campground.

I know of the other campground, although I haven't stayed there. It is a little closer to a grocery, and also on a very nice stretch of the lake. It seems to be one of the more popular places for out-of-towners. Please ask more questions if you have them.
    Last edited by jclevoy; 08-28-2009 at 09:45 PM.
    Best Regards,

Jason

2007 Moomba Mobius LSV Sandrock/Black
    EXILE Equipment
    4-XM-7 Tower Speakers
    6-XT-65 Cabin Speakers
    1-Big12 Subwoofer
    Amps--Xi 1500.1, Xi 800.4 and 2--S400.4

Jason, thanks for the review
    Hey, Its Moomba time

13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Jason, do you know if there are hotels close to either campground? I know of a family that doesnt want to tent it.

Thanks again
    Hey, Its Moomba time

13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold

X2 on any hotel/resort recs? I'm planning on heading down mid June2010 (already put in for time off!) for 10 days and don't think the lady will want to rough it. Sulfur Creek marina is closest to us- anyone ever stay there? good for family with kids?
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!
    2001 Ski Nautique closed bow-slalom course only!
    attracted to shiny things that float

skiyaker- stayed there a few years back. Pretty nice place, really like the restaurant when you didn't want to cook. They had a beach area for the kids but that is about all I saw for them. I think there are places a little more reasonable in price. Check Cedar Hill Resort also, it is about 10 miles south of Sulphur Creek.

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    Jason, do you know if there are hotels close to either campground? I know of a family that doesnt want to tent it.

Thanks again
    Not hotels, but Willow Grove Marina is right next to Lillydale, and they rent cabins.
    Best Regards,

Jason

2007 Moomba Mobius LSV Sandrock/Black
    EXILE Equipment
    4-XM-7 Tower Speakers
    6-XT-65 Cabin Speakers
    1-Big12 Subwoofer
    Amps--Xi 1500.1, Xi 800.4 and 2--S400.4

Jason, thanks for the info
    Hey, Its Moomba time

13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold