Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Blood

Default First Blood

That's right- we had a bleeder on the boat today. We made it out to an empty lake with beautiful water with my wife, 2 boys, and a guest. On his first run our guest hit some unexpected chop (so he says) and took a pretty hard fall. He retrieved his ski and as he was climbing in my wife and I noticed that he had blood pouring down his face onto my beautiful boat. Like any good Moomba captain I quickly grabbed the nearest towel and used it first to wipe down the seats- then I gave it to our guest Thankfully the blood was worse than the laceration and he quit bleeding after just a few minutes. We were each able to get 3 slalom runs and 2 wakeboard runs in along with a nice lunch and of course a nap. My wife seemed kind of irritated that I used the towel to address the seats before giving it to our guest.

completely acceptable behavior, i am sure you evaluated the situation, the rider was stable, not even aware of the injury, get the boat cleaned up, then you only got one towel dirty. if you would have helped the rider, then you would have needed another towel to clean the boat. i have done the same and received the same.

glad you had a good day on the water!

Reese350 Guest

Too funny. Where do you boat down around Muncie? We used to live in Marion and boated at the Salomonie reservior.

Reminds me of the time when I was in college I called my Dad to tell him I was in a car accident. He said, "Is the car OK?" I told him it was just caved in on one side and fixable. "OK, how about you?"
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

i'd have done the same thing..
    sad, but true
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by yearround View Post
    completely acceptable behavior, i am sure you evaluated the situation, the rider was stable, not even aware of the injury, get the boat cleaned up, then you only got one towel dirty. if you would have helped the rider, then you would have needed another towel to clean the boat. i have done the same and received the same.
    Agree 100%.
    07 Mobius LS--Razorback Red

thanks for the support guys- I knew I could find it here; Reese we were indeed at Salamonie- my first time there. We usually go to Brookville Res. Here are some pics- that's right- my wife put the helmet on after the incident.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Smile

That cuts along way from the Heart, i probably would have done the same as well. Glad all is well and you got a good waterday in as well.

This sounds acceptable. There are a few questions to make sure it is. One: Is he breathing, Two: Can he get into the boat himself, Three: Does he understand when you yell at him saying he has gotten blood on the boat and to stand on the swim platform. If the answer is yes to one of the three then no problem.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

Quote Originally Posted by jester View Post
    This sounds acceptable. There are a few questions to make sure it is. One: Is he breathing, Two: Can he get into the boat himself, Three: Does he understand when you yell at him saying he has gotten blood on the boat and to stand on the swim platform. If the answer is yes to one of the three then no problem.
    You guys are COLD. That one cracked me up.