Thread: Bow Sac

Default Bow Sac

Anybody try putting a Fly High bow sac in Gen 1 OB V? I ordered one today, and I'm looking forward to riding with it in. The best wake I've ever had behind my boat was when there was about 500 lbs in the bow (people) with the ski locker full. I'm hoping that having the 650 in the bow w/ the 800 in the rear will be a good combination.

I'm planning to extend the fill from the stock ski locker location to the bow sac and put a Y-splitter in the drain to go to the two drain holes in the sac. I think it's set up to have one drain and two fills, but I can't imagine to get all the water out of just one drain. I'm thinking of reversing to one fill and two drains.

I'm guessing you're talking about the integrated sac that goes beneath the front seats. If so, yes, it will do great in the first gen Outback V. I have a 2004 LSV, same hull, and it is amazing at how much difference that made. Those boats seem to love weight in the front. You will not be able to fill it to capacity, but you can get enough water to make a huge difference in wake size.
    www.louisianawakeboarding.com

2004 LSV
    Perfect Pass, Integrated ballast (front, rear, middle), Wake Plate, Tower mounted bimini, Swivel board racks, Surf board rack, Tower mounted mirror, Keel guard, 4 tower speakers, 12" sub, 2 amps, transom remote, Bow filler cushion, and the list continues to grow.

Default Would this help with "bouncing" or "dolphining"?

Not sure of the correct term, but when towing a wakeboarder with full wake plate, at times the boat will 'bounce' or 'dolphin' up and down in flat water. Backing off the wake plate fixes it. Assume I need more weight in front. I run the 2005 LSV with two 250 lbs sacs in the back and the 400 lbs ski locker sace - all 3 about full.

Yes, it will help with the bouncing. Although there have been times that the boat still proposes and I have to trim the wake plate down some plus I typically ride with the plate about 3/4 up anyway. I current use my two old 250 lb sacs in the bow and am looking into getting the integrated bow sac and it seems it should be a fairly easy job.

dtlaine be sure to take some pics if possible.
    2005 Mobius LSV