View Poll Results: how do you transport your boards to the lake?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • In the car

13 27.66%
  • On the boat in storage

28 59.57%
  • In the board racks on the boat

4 8.51%
  • What boards...

2 4.26%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default tow with boards in the racks or not..

been pondering this for quite some time. do you tow the boat to the lake with the boards in the racks or in the tow vehicle or boat?
    I have seen all ways here and have tried all ways. on the board racks are the easiest, but wondering about any long term effects on the tower mounting points by doing this.
    for reference, I drive 25 miles one way, mostly 60mph to our lake.

what does everyone else do?
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I never tow with boards in racks, too much chance for error unless your right near the lake. I've seen boards come off and seen them laying on side of the road. To me it's just not worth it.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Nope. Put em in the boat til you get there. Not worth the financial risk or possibility of them flying out and hurting someone to look cool.
    Sold my Moomba. Currently boat whoring.

Set Ups - 09 CWB Transcend Platinum w/ 09 Ronix Cells (his) and 08 Liquid Force Angel w/ 08 Alloys (hers)

flying out? can't see that happening with the strap as the loads are all front to back and up/down, not side to side, but something to consider. can't say that I've ever seen one on the road, but sure there are dumba$$es that don't secure them.

I have seen someone almost lose a board driving down the road with the boards still on the racks. They did not understand that wakeboarding your doing 20-25 but down the road you are going 65-80.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

I always go with them in the rear lockers. This issue is like most safety related issues. Most of the time where you put them won't matter. It is that one in a million time that something does happen and you lost a $500 dollar board or worst you killed someone driving behind you. Plain and simple I don't think youu will find a rack manufacture that will tell you that their racks are designed to hold boards at highway speeds with the boat on the trailer. So put them in the boat and if they are not in a locker make sure they are secure so the won't go flying out.

hmmm..

mine won't fit in the rear lockers.
    perhaps time to buy a tonneau cover for the pickup

Travel with mine in the boat unless it is a long distance, over 5 miles, then they go in the back of the truck. Would never tow with them on the rack, to much of a chance they come out and hit a passing car. Just not worth the risk.
    07 Mobius LS--Razorback Red

never travel on the road with boards in the racks.

Sandm, i just put them in board bags and lay them in the bed of the truck, they don't move at all. If camping i'll lay them on top of the gear, again in bags, and use a spider net to hold everything in place. Surfboard and grom board goes in the lockers.
    2007 Mobius LSV