View Poll Results: how do you transport your boards to the lake?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • In the car

13 27.66%
  • On the boat in storage

28 59.57%
  • In the board racks on the boat

4 8.51%
  • What boards...

2 4.26%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I typically place my boards in the racks before heading to the lake. However, I live VERY close and don't exceed 20mph. So my answer in the poll is a bit misleading. If I'm visiting another lake, I typically place the boards in the boat in a manner so that they cannot catch a good gust and fly out.
    www.louisianawakeboarding.com

2004 LSV
    Perfect Pass, Integrated ballast (front, rear, middle), Wake Plate, Tower mounted bimini, Swivel board racks, Surf board rack, Tower mounted mirror, Keel guard, 4 tower speakers, 12" sub, 2 amps, transom remote, Bow filler cushion, and the list continues to grow.

yea, will change my way of thinking. tonneau cover is next.
    my rear lockers are not big enough for most of the boards we take (not to mention that's where the cooler and campchairs go for the ride up), and I don't want them banging around in the boat. I don't trust them in the back of the truck without a cover. I have hauled them in the rear seat area, but then I'm limited to 3 peeps in the front..

good information to see how others do it, and I guess a few will change their habits
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

in the storage locker, with the jackets as cuschions. Never thought about them in the racks on the highway.
    2014 Mojo Surf
    2013 Mojo Sold
    2010 LSV Sold
    2002 OB LSV Sold

Wow... I must have drank to much tonight.

All I could see in the thread title was "broads and racks"

lmfao!
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

i store the boat in the garage with the tower down, so the boards come out and are on the floor or in the rear storage. when we pull the boat out, i leave the boards where ever they are.

the main lake we ride is about 10 minutes from the house. it would not bother me to put the boards in the rack for that short of distance and the low speed, 30 mph max. i would not travel at speeds greater than boat speeds with boards in the racks, or for significant distance (10+ miles)

we have carried the boards in the back of the truck, in bags, on towels, whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by deafgoose View Post
    Wow... I must have drank to much tonight.

All I could see in the thread title was "broads and racks"

lmfao!
    that would be the boat bun thread on wakeworld

I carry them in the racks if I am going to the lake closest to me, which is 7 minutes from driveway to water and all less than 30 mph. Longer drives, they go in the boat or truck. Surf board doesn't fit into racks, so it goes in the rear locker on top of my ballast bag with padding.

Boards are in the racks on the way to and from the lake for me about 15 min ride. If i drive for an hour to another lake they are in the truck bed for sure.

My boat does 50 mph on the water and the boards don't move a inch so why can't the boards stay in the racks on the trailer at 50mph?

Also how often do you boards fall out when the boats on the water? The boat is even rolling and pounding on the water and not on the trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceball 1 View Post
    My boat does 50 mph on the water and the boards don't move a inch so why can't the boards stay in the racks on the trailer at 50mph?
    Drive by a semi and you'll get turbulence that will add up to possibly double that speed for a moment. Plus, the turbulence will not necessarily be head-on. It could swirl around in any direction.

Talking

Don’t do it on purpose! We’ve lost one before going down the road. It flew right off the boat!!! Going down 820 doin’ 70 mph+, and it was gone when we turned around to go back and get it! Now, we’ve actually woke up the next morning and saw that we forgot to take them down from the racks the night before! Luckily they made it home. Dang Coors Light!!!
    Texas is a Great Country!

2008 XLV 1100# sacks X3! Whooya!