Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sandm--
    No problem. The boat is in the garage. Just drop me a line and we will hook up.

Salty--
    I used 1" scuppers. I bought them at http://www.jamestowndistributors.com/userportal/main.do You can also use 1" Thru Hull Fittings. I went with the scupper for the screen. Now what I did was cut off the cup and kept the screen on.

Here are all the pictures.
    BEFORE

After
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

Here are pictures of everything that I used

VENTED LOOP

BALL VALVE FROM SCUPPER

TSUNAMI 1200GPH PUMP
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings

More Pictures

SCUPPER COMING THRU HULL

PIECE OF FIBERGLASS THAT I CUT OUT

HOLE AT BOTTOM OF HULL

More Pictures

ANOTHER PICTURE OF A DIFFERENT BALL VALVE

LAYED OUT THE PIECES

Pump

Now for the Vented Loops

The three places I purchased everything was at:
    www.wakeside.com
    www.westmarine.com
    www.jamestowndistributers.com

I tried to purchased items from www.wakemakers.com I could hardly ever get them to answer the phone or emails. I had ordered items from them and never received them. They seem like great guys. They just need to get it together. Just my thoughts.

Tazz

Quote Originally Posted by tazz3069 View Post
    OK today was the big test on the new ballast system that I installed. Just to recap. I ripped out the old crappy sprinkler system and single pump. I replaced it with 3 Tsunami 1200gph pumps, three intakes, three vented loops.

The last test, water was entering the bags without the pump on. I read on here about some guys cutting off the bottom of the scupper. I did the almost the same thing. I did not cut the whole thing off. I only cut the scoop off from the scupper. I kept the front end of it on. This will avoid any debris from entering the pumps.

The test. Valves open on the way we go. Have way to our spot, I opened the ski locker and low and behold. no water was in the bags. I had my son look in the rear lockers and the same thing. I had him check to see of the valves were open. Yes they were. The system finally works.

My son want to wakeboard so we time the fill. From start to finish on the 3 400lb bags was 7min and 15 sec. NICE. Very happy with the final results.

We also tried something a little scarry today. It was my boat and a friends Malibu. We were about 20 ft from each other with the sacs full of water. My righ and his left. We created a bowl effect for surfing. It was awesome. My buddy tossed in the ski rope and he surfed from side to side (from boat to boat) for a very long time. I will post pictures wen his wife sends them to me.

Again, after all the test and money that I spent testing the ballast system, I finally found the solutions. Very Happy.

Tazz
    Tazz,

I did the same thing, although I am using the 800's, not the 1200's. It gets even better when you vent your bags. Having a pressure relief to allow air to exit the bags is night and day, especially on the front center bag. Removed the plugged cap, installed a quick disconnect there and I added one way check valves, and Y'd into the drain lines right near the exit of the boat. The extra vent line also will allow water to exit when they get full and not over fill them which can cause them to damage. They will also drain better because you dont have the air pockets in them anymore. I also replaced the drain lines with "no kink, ribbed bilge line" (the same stuff you are using on your system) to avoid any kinking when emptying, the stuff is awesome. The black line Supra uses kinks very easily and caused me a lot headaches!

Every time you take your boat out the water and lauch again you will push air into the bags when starting to fill, this completely eliminates this. Congrats on your system, looks like you did a great job. I am filling about 1900 LBS of ballast in about 9 minutes, also very happy with the results, no priming problems.

One other item you might want to check is your fuses, I only had 3 amp fuses for my fill fuses and the Tsunamis use about 2.2 Amps each. 3 amps does not give a lot of surge room, I blew a fuse the other day and finally realized it was because of the increase in the draw from the Tsunamis. I bumped them up to the 5 amp fuses and have had no problems. The 3 amp fuses are good for the sprinkler valves, not so good for the Tsunami's.

I highly recommend this for an upgrade for any '08/older Supra/Moomba owner. For $400 its money well spent.
    Last edited by Fman; 08-19-2009 at 02:06 AM.

I did change out the fuses. I also figured that the 3 amp fuses will not work. I did change them out to 5 amp. Can you send me pictures or a drawing of the extra hose that you installed with the check valve in it. I might have to do the same thing. I always remove and fold up the bags when I do not use them. The main reason I remove the bag is because the bags never empty completely. The system works alot better than the old way. I am very happy with the results.

Quote Originally Posted by tazz3069 View Post
    I did change out the fuses. I also figured that the 3 amp fuses will not work. I did change them out to 5 amp. Can you send me pictures or a drawing of the extra hose that you installed with the check valve in it. I might have to do the same thing. I always remove and fold up the bags when I do not use them. The main reason I remove the bag is because the bags never empty completely. The system works alot better than the old way. I am very happy with the results.
    Let me see if I can draw up something. Its very simple, the extra plugged port on top of your bag needs a male quick disc. fitting and then you attach the femal quick disc. onto it. From there, run the line to your drain line and purchase a "Y" to tie into the drain line right near the exit hold of the boat. In this same line attach the one way bypass valve to eliminate water coming back into the bag when draining. I also positioned the "Y" to turn upward so it will be more difficult for water to go back into the line. Total cost was about $135 for all three bags, with all connectors, fittings etc.

Hope this helps, Travis.