Hybrid View

Default Skiing behind a 06 outback V

I almost bought the Outback, but everyone else wakeboards, so I got the V, after skiing behind it I kind of wish I got the outback (DD) the bump on the V is pretty big I think, has anyone else come across this and what can i do to tame the wake down for a smaller bump?

Sled491 Guest

Do you have a wakeplate?

Might be worth trying a little different line length, maybe shorten up to 22 or 28 off, many times that will get you in front of the 15 off bump.

Yeah, it has a wake plate, i have moved it up and down, when skiing the true ski boat doesn’t use them? im not sure the rope length, i have taken some many sections on and off, i ski about 10 feet back of the tail of the prop wash...

I found shorter line helped.
    Share The Water
    2006 Outback V

i have the 09 OBV. i ski at 15 off. do you think going to 22 off will help? i know the 09 has a deeper draft, but that wake at 15 off is pretty rough for me.
    '09 OBV

We ski behind an 09 OBV also. We played around with the rope length a little but the wake seemed fairly consistent. For now we're at 15 off. I like to wait till later in the day when the gas tank is getting lighter. I'm not sure how much this actually helps but it makes me feel like i'm getting the best possible wake.

Sled491 Guest

If you have the wakeplate drop it all the way down, this should help lift the back of the boat a bit and maybe reduce the wake a bit. But this is the oldest debate on the boards, can a V drive ski as good as a DD. We can't have a v drive becuase I don't have enough water in front of my place for the extra draft of a V drive. That being said I've been behind both, and there is no way in heck anyone can convince me your ever going to get a V drive to make a DD wake.