Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: still running?

Default still running?

anyone still running?

tomorrow i try myself on the Pikes Peak Ascent. 13.3 miles, 7800 vertical feet from 6300 to 14100. last year the race was called and turned around at 10 miles because of lightning, snow, cold, etc. had to turn around and run back down, made it a 20 mile half marathon.

goal is to be under 4 hours and beat the weather

Quote Originally Posted by Ed G View Post
    I've discovered that 4:00 AM is a great time to run. Absolutely no cars or people on the road and the temps are perfect for running.
    Ed,

Wish you lived closer! That seems to be just about the time my 18 month old son decides to start screaming and interrupting my beauty sleep. You could stop by and put him in one of those jogging strollers to keep you company on your runs.

Quote Originally Posted by yearround View Post
    anyone still running?

tomorrow i try myself on the Pikes Peak Ascent. 13.3 miles, 7800 vertical feet from 6300 to 14100. last year the race was called and turned around at 10 miles because of lightning, snow, cold, etc. had to turn around and run back down, made it a 20 mile half marathon.

goal is to be under 4 hours and beat the weather
    I am also in Colorado Springs. Do you know Woody Noleen? He does the ascent all the time. Big Tri-athelete.
    SUNSHINE DAYDREAMS!!
    2008 LSV
    Wetsounds 3-some on tower. Wetsounds in boat. Wetsounds XS12 Sub. Green LEDs interior.

Hey mad,
    nope don't know him. i run a bit with a guy who does tri, i do du's a bit myself. i tried to run the ascent last year, but was turned back with the weather. the weather is not too good right now, and not looking too good for tomorrow, but i going to make it!

ed, pushing the stroller is great hill training, i'm sure you feel better having 40 pounds off, was any of the loss due to your health stuff too? if you are running, then you must be back to feeling pretty good too.

oh man ed, you're gonna try and get me on the guilt stuff? the running is not the problem. it is getting 6 people to florida that is the problem.

i have a few half marathons this fall, i am looking for a marathon for winter time that i can afford. usually the hotels and transportation are the big problem.

i am not counting out yet! i think my current training/conditioning is about 4-6 weeks out for a marathon, anything less than 20 i can make with out concern, may not set PR, but i would run it.

i finally put the roo sticker in the mail last friday. hope i put enough stamps on to get to you.

Ed - Want to share a running story. My youngest son recruited a friend last school year to join the high school swim team. The friend is a runner -- not a swimmer. The friend stuck with it and was an asset to the swim team. Fast forward to early August of this year and my son's friend talks my son into joining the cross country team. My son is a swimmer and has NEVER run in his life. I never thought it would last. I gave it a week and the novelty would wear off. I was so wrong. He is the slowest on the team and usually pretty sore. But he makes virtually every practice - on his own - and keeps going back for more. Today was the first meet of the season. He was exhausted when done. Certainly not a marathon length like you guys are training to run, but I was so proud of him. I hope you guys can keep to your training schedule and get to that marathon you've got in your sites. - Deerfield
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

More pictures from yesterday's boys' and girls' high school cross country meet.
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

glad he is sticking with the activity! i like cross country. do you take a cow bell? we have these huge cowbells that we ring for our runners. some times they are really annoying, but when you are running and you here your crew and family ringing for you, it is the best power gel you can take.

keep supporting.

MrsZ Guest

Deerfield, I like those pictures of the cross country runners flying! I think when I am running, my feet dont both leave the ground that high. I think I am a "low-runner".

Based on that assessment I think my youngest has potential (thanks Mrs. Daze for this pic from our 2008 Flint River get together):
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!