Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

based on how the supra piece operates, you have now figured out how to get a piece that slides up and down, but what to do to keep it in the up position?
    the supra uses a bolt that slides up and down but twists into place. square won't twist.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    square won't twist.
    Not the last time i checked it won't!

Seriously, you could have a pull pin setup as 'Daze suggested, but that requires lifting the cover and manually doing it. No big deal i guess if you don't use it much or don't mind.

Otherwise at this point unless you were to re-work the whole cage assembly i don't see how it could be done, doesn't mean i'm not working it though!
    2007 Mobius LSV

i can't see anything in ed reply about the supra in action, but if i close my eyes, i can see it.

cheers RAZZ! i am ok if i lift the hatch to pull a pin. we love to ski, but only do it about every 3rd or 4th time out and try to tube less than that!

i too will try and talk to a friend who has a machine shop to see about making a pylon. i tink i would prefer square pylon rather than the round peg in a square hole

maybe a square/round sleeve that would receive the supra pylon?

Here is the perfect pin for the task. Attach a lanyard so it can't drop and you've got it made.

Swivel Lock Hitch Pin
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2007 Mobius LSV

nice, we have the pin, that is at least half the trouble!

i have just talked to my friend, i will try and get a sketch to him to better describe the pylon, but it should be no problem no guess on price, but if we did several, it would make the prices come down. all his equipment is CNC so once the program is written, he can konck them out pretty quick. this could be either for a square-round pylon with a pin option round with pin.

next week i will get into this.

went back and looked at the 3rd pic of what I would gather is a moomba ski pylon in the aluminum housing. why not just thread another hole, cut out the bottom and allow the current pylon to drop down flush with the pad and re-insert the screw as it drops down?

Last edited by sandm; 08-14-2009 at 05:03 PM.

If i remember right the bolt keeps pressure on the shaft. If you were to do that then the shaft would have way to much play. In order to be able to maintain strength and still drop the square with an extremy close tolerance is the only way imo.
    2007 Mobius LSV

you aren't changing the "up" position as it now sits, just adding another tapped hole further up the pole for the down position, or if it's a pressure fit, put a bracket on the bottom to only allow it to drop, say 5 inches, then drop it and reinstall the same bolt. don't need any real pressure on it in the down position. bolt an "L" bracket on the bottom for the allowed drop and don't drill the hole since it's a pressure fit.

maybe I don't get the part, but it looks like a square tube with a round pole going into it and a bolt that is either threaded into it, or is a pressure fit. either way, just let it drop out of the way?

In theory you could do that but then you need a wrench or socket everytime you wanted to move it or it would wobble around something fierce in the square opening. When i say pressure fit i mean it pushes the shaft horizontally against the square opening.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Razz, that pin is exactly what i was thinking.

Now, what about the L bracket for the hatch lock-how do we work around that? With no access to a welder to weld it in place.

Last time this mod came up I went out and measured--the pilon is to long/high to fully drop down as is would hit the electronics right above the trans. So i think reusing the factory pilon would not work.
    Last edited by moombadaze; 08-14-2009 at 05:29 PM.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart