Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Swivel Seat Project Completed

I finally got around to doing the swivel seat mods. I have to say it's so nice having this and i'll be water testing in a week! I picked up the locking swivel Bass Pro Shops sells and used some 5/16th thick aluminum plate that was a freebie. After much aluminum cutting, hole drilling and general fab here's the completed project.

Cut plates to proper size, drill holes for swivel, mounted swivel and finally attached to threaded inserts in seat base.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2007 Mobius LSV

A few pics showing end results. Front of plate is mounted flat to tracks, rear elevated 3/4" to maintain level when swiveling.

Seat is centered with steering wheel, however i did have to move the seat plate over a bit as i'd mounted the assembly centered on the tracks. I also had to remove the safety lanyard and place a plastic spacer behind it as it was sticking out too far.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2007 Mobius LSV

Nice!!!! where did you get the aluminum plates?
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

My brother-in-law is the warehouse mgr for a large electronics firm. They make these to place boards on for production. When production ends they scrap 'em.

It actually had cnc raised bosses so i had to cut 'em off then grind/sand flush. What a pain that was! Then i had to cut it in two with a blasted tabletop table saw! But it was free so hey can't complain i guess.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Razz, that looks aewsome. Let us know how it handles the water
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

When are you going to start production/sales so all of here can enjoy all of your hard work?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpie647 View Post
    When are you going to start production/sales so all of here can enjoy all of your hard work?
    2nd sharpie! i will buy one from you!

That is amazing Razz....nice job!

I do have to give credit where credit is due. I copied elements or advise from both Newty's & Chillyx's installs. I just used different materials in my install as i was concerned about longevity & durability. Maybe a tad overkill but it works well.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by Razzman View Post
    I do have to give credit where credit is due. I copied elements or advise from both Newty's & Chillyx's installs. I just used different materials in my install as i was concerned about longevity & durability. Maybe a tad overkill but it works well.
    very nice work! do u still have the track function to slide the seat? and also does the swivel lock in the different positions? if it doesn't and you take a hard turn does it kick your seat around?