Question wakesurfing bad for the boat?

i pretty much only use my LSV for surfing. does anyone think there are long term wear and tear effects on the boat/motor tooling around at 11mph with tons of weight in one corner? once in awhile i think i hear some weird vibrations, and sometimes it feels like the motor is flooding a little and needs to rev out to clean up.
    any opinions?
    its an '07 lsv with about 170 hrs. already had to have the fuel pump replaced at 100hrs.

thanks for the input Ed, i'll be interested to hear what your buddy from indmar has to say.

This subject has come up many times on many forums and as of yet nobody has been able to answer the question. I too would really like to hear a definitive answer on this issue.

Overfilling on the oil is not a good thing though. If we're talking 1/2 a quart then there's generally no consequence but also no benefit in this instance. Overfilling more than that can cause the crank to sit lower in the oil causing frothing which is aerated oil which is not a good thing, actually means less lubrication! The crank lower in the oil also causes power loss as well as increased fuel consumption. Increased pressure from too much oil can cause premature seal failure and increases blow by, neither of which are good things either.
    2007 Mobius LSV

I would think that we would have already started to see some failure from surfing if it was going to be an issue. oil starvation would cause immediate problems if the pickup was not getting oil to the top of the engine.. I could see some issues running lean on one side of a carb'ed engine, but injected should be fine.
    it's a heavy load on the engine for long periods of time, but no different than that same engine used to tow in a truck. just take care of her...

I would be more interested in wear in the v-drive or tranny than the engine..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post

I would be more interested in wear in the v-drive or tranny than the engine..
    kind of what i was thinking too. how often do you do maintenance on your v-drive?
    Lake Tahoe slaysh / Shred Stixx flo team

once a year at the winterization.
    don't really know if there is more to that or not.
    I check the fluids about every 3rd trip is all.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten