Default thanks boatmate.. spare installed

well, after running almost 2 seasons without a spare, finally bought another rim when I needed 2 new tires. les schwab mounted the better of the 2 original tires as a spare. will be good in a pinch for that one trip home if we have a blowout. I trailer 40 miles roundtrip to the 2 different lakes that we go to, so it was only a matter of time..
    bought a spare holder at local shop, but wouldn't work for 6lug rims. not many do.
    sent jerry at boatmate an email, and after parting with a little cash and a week of time, this is the result.
    first class company and quick service for a painted-to-match piece. I'm very happy

'06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Nice! I need to do the same thing, how much did they get you for the carrier?
    2007 Mobius LSV

$80 shipped.
    was going to be almost $50 for a 6lug mailorder, so not too much more, it matches, and supported boatmate

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    $80 shipped.
    was going to be almost $50 for a 6lug mailorder, so not too much more, it matches, and supported boatmate
    looks really nice! you went thru boat mate for the support and they painted it correct?
    its something i been looking into as well.

go to boatmate website and order the holder. under the comments, put your boatmate trailer serial number and a note to jerry to paint the factory color. 7 days later you have it. great service..

This reminds me of the spare I bought the other year. I wanted to get a spare "just in case" so I ordered one from Overtons, just like the factory ones, the crome wheel with the Marathon tire. I alos bought a mounting bracket for it and mounted it to the trailer. Everything is fine, right? Nope. When I did have a flat, I put the wheel on the axle and started to drive. I hear this awful metal on metal screeching sound. As it turns out, the wheel I bought is slightly different that the factory ones, and it is dragging the brake caliper and cutting a groove into the back of the wheel. Luckily, I only went about 10 feet before I discovered this. The only way around it was to put a couple of washers on the studs before I put the wheels on, which is not really safe, but I didn't have a choice. So, word to the wise, if anyone has an aftermarket space wheel, you might want to check and see if it fits before you have to use it.

Ok Sandm I am a little mad at you right now. Earler this year i bought a spare tire mount from my local dealer and it does not even come close on how much I like yours. That is just a better match and better design then what i have. I should have just gone direct to boatmate because that looks good and clean and will not rub away the paint on the trailer like mine does. That is well worth the $80.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

I have the same. I got it when I bought the boat. One thing I keep forgetting to do is to get a lock for the spare.

didn't even think about a lock..
    good idea