Default Starving for fuel?

My 06 LSV hesitates whenever the engine revs above 3000 rpm. it almost seems like the fuel pump can't keep up.

Does anyone know what the problem is?

I'm going to start by changing the fuel filter. Hopefully this helps. Although I don't see how a dirty filter would only cause a problem above 3000 rpm.

Had the same problem...The fuel filter was changed out, then the fuel pump, but the problem continued. Turned out to be the fuel line, between the fuel filter and the fuel pump, pinched by the fuel tank at the very bottom, aft portion of the tank. It got unpinched and moved over slightly and the problem was solved. Many hours on the lake later, she is still running perfect.

Good luck!
    Marty

I'll try that. thanks

I'm having the same issue and will start with the fuel filter - thanks.

brenpire, did the filter fix it for you?

I changed the fuel filter on the weekend. problem fixed. runs great.

Fuel filter at NAPA - $17
    price at the marina $32

Fuel filter and a couple of bottles of iso heat fixed me up too. Thanks!

Default same problem

My 05 lsv started choking out at wot this weekend and bogs really bad when coming out of the hole. difficult to get on plane with someone in tow. When I'm going across the lake at wot sometimes it chokes out really bad and backfires. I put a bottle of stabil ethanol treatment and a bottle of water seperator and a full tank of 93 octane the next day and it ran great for a while then started the same thing. I was going to try the fuel filter today. only problem is the lake is an hour from my house and wont be able to tell if it fixes it or not. revs fine with trans locked out. any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by ga-lsv05 View Post
    My 05 lsv started choking out at wot this weekend and bogs really bad when coming out of the hole. difficult to get on plane with someone in tow. When I'm going across the lake at wot sometimes it chokes out really bad and backfires. I put a bottle of stabil ethanol treatment and a bottle of water seperator and a full tank of 93 octane the next day and it ran great for a while then started the same thing. I was going to try the fuel filter today. only problem is the lake is an hour from my house and wont be able to tell if it fixes it or not. revs fine with trans locked out. any suggestions?
    Replace the fuel filter. 12 bucks at NAPA and part of scheduled maintenance anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by brain_rinse View Post
    Replace the fuel filter. 12 bucks at NAPA and part of scheduled maintenance anyway.
    thanks man I'll let you know