Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default More HP for Future Models

So.. When will SC make a more powerful engine available? My 320 HP is ok but i always have a desire for more. Being that Indmar is the engine supplier for Malibu and Mastercraft also, there is a 383 CID 400 HP engine for them. Why not for moomba/supra? I don't know who supplies for Nautique but they have a 409 HP. All available for 19-20' boats. I know the higher horsepower engines are not the normal run but just the option would be great. I sure would love to get my hands on a 400 hp Outback DD.
    2003 Outback, Assault EFI, (6) Polk Audio DB651s, JL Audio M6600 amp, JL Audio M1700 amp, JL Audio 10w6v2 subwoofer

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopskier View Post
    So.. When will SC make a more powerful engine available?
    Allready have it

" our brand new 6.0L 409HP Indmar engine both standard with catalytic converters and the sport of wakesurfing becomes even more enjoyable. The catalytic converter cleans up 99.7% of harmful CO2 emissions. That’s a smarter way to enjoy the fastest growing sport on water. "

Think its only for the lsv and xlv
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

I should have specified then. For direct drive models or outback V
    2003 Outback, Assault EFI, (6) Polk Audio DB651s, JL Audio M6600 amp, JL Audio M1700 amp, JL Audio 10w6v2 subwoofer

Probably won't happen as an inboard tournement boat really doesn't need it. especially in the 20' class where a 340hp engine is more than enough, afterall they're not hot boats nor ever meant to be. Why the other guys do is beyond me as in all seriousness the bigger motors really don't do much more unless the boat is real heavy and even then they have to reporop them to accomodate. I have a buddy with a Malibu and the 383 and it isn't any different feeeling to me than mine.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Why do you need more power?

Sounds to me like you need a prop upgrade. The stock prop on the outback v is crap. Upgrade to the 14x14.25 and hold on!
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

I know that they are not race boats. I have yet to get a GPS out on mine. I would think a few more horsepower would give the boat a little bit better top end for barefooting, looking to get upper 40's to the 50 mark. I know my OB DD is running its best. It is at the top end of the RPM range with my current prop. If I went to a steeper prop i think it would be to much load for the engine and not gain any speed, probably make it worse.

Just tossing an idea out there. Going out skiing tomorrow, enjoying what i got.

I have another buddy with a '98 Nautique Super Sport (vdrive) with the Ford GT-40 Boss motor. This thing screams and literally tops out at around 55mph! I've driven it and it's a gas to drive, BUT it doesn't have much low end pull. He complains about it and i tell him to reprop but his answer is i'll loose topend. Oh well, how much do you really need it?
    2007 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    Allready have it

Think its only for the lsv and xlv
    The '09 boat builder shows the 6.0l, 409 hp as an option for the LSV, too!

Didn't see it as an option for the Outback or Outback V.

back in the day you could get one of 2 types of mastercrafts, they were both named "Barefooter" I am pretty sure of, I could be wrong so any old timers let me know. One was a MasterCraft with a 225hp Mercury Outboard and the other was a Mastercraft with a 454 cubic inche Chevy big block. So Mastercraft has tried to design to that market.

I think I would like to see someone covert their Boomerang to a 225hp E-Tec Evinrude and you will probably see over 60mph if you want to barefoot that fast!!!!

I love 2 strokes!!!!!!

Smile

I just came from watching the World waterski championships,using Nuatique 196 6ltr 409 hp motors and i for one wouldn't mind the bigger motor. Watching them yard the pros including my favorite Pro Chris Parish out of the water i know my boat doesn't have the same pop as they do.
    I realize my technique is far from theres but i couln't believe how quick they all were getting out and up to 36mph. I didn't get to see what props they were using but i imagine a ski rated prop to tournament standards for sure,
    I'm more than happy with my Outback DD with the 13x 11 prop but 42,43 and then i'm done top end as well.I run 325hp but a 409 bad boy would definetely be fun.