Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by zegm View Post
    back in the day you could get one of 2 types of mastercrafts, they were both named "Barefooter" I am pretty sure of, I could be wrong so any old timers let me know. One was a MasterCraft with a 225hp Mercury Outboard and the other was a Mastercraft with a 454 cubic inche Chevy big block. So Mastercraft has tried to design to that market.

I think I would like to see someone covert their Boomerang to a 225hp E-Tec Evinrude and you will probably see over 60mph if you want to barefoot that fast!!!!

I love 2 strokes!!!!!!
    I know there are some great used outboard barefoot boats. I have skied behind some and the wakes were great for what they were designed for. Some of the others with outboards- Mastercraft Barefoot 200, Malibu flightcraft, Ski brendella- most had 200 hp and top ends around 55-60. I read somewhere that the Malibu flightcraft could achieve 70 with that hull but would start lacking holeshot.

I had barefooted behing my 05 Seadoo RXT. Had great top end-68 no skiers of course. but barefooting at 45+ was nice with throttle to spare. Lack of interior room was the problem there!

I'd think a few more ponies for those who want and are willing to pay for would be nice. Might give a few more mph on the top end and still be a versital boat. Just dreaming of that perfect do everthing boat.

...wakeboard...ski....barefoot...
    2003 Outback, Assault EFI, (6) Polk Audio DB651s, JL Audio M6600 amp, JL Audio M1700 amp, JL Audio 10w6v2 subwoofer

I am not a Marine Hull designer but I have to think there are limitations to the inboard layout that hinders it at higher speeds. The most you ever hear one running is about 50mph and you have to admit a 325hp outboard at 21 feet long would probably do over 90mph! I had an old MasterCraft that weighed nothing and I was NEVER beat out of the hole but again at 48mph she signed off. The LS we have is fast but that old boat was faster!