Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LSV for Skiing

Default LSV for Skiing

i am a recreational skier -- no course but solum ski hard -- sales person is pushing me hard on the LSV becasue my first choice the outback V is hard to find. I would appreciaqte an opinion by those who know the LSV; is it a decent ski boat also?

You will be fine skiing behind the LSV.

i just bought the outback v and i find the wake a little rough for my slalom. i believe the lsv produces a little more wake than the outback v. although, it is a great all around boat.

Quote Originally Posted by spoon03 View Post
    i just bought the outback v and i find the wake a little rough for my slalom. i believe the lsv produces a little more wake than the outback v. although, it is a great all around boat.
    At what speed are you skiing at?

if he's pushing you hard see if he'll let you drop it in and go for a ride- that will answer your question better than anything else. Also keep in mind that there is a difference between the 2008 and earlier OBV and the 2009 OBV with the 2009 being a little heavier and deeper and thus not quite as nice of a slalom wake.

Quote Originally Posted by spoon03 View Post
    Same impression here, 2008 OBV 32 MPH, wake plate down... wake is little rough but ok for open slalom. Use to ski behinde larson senza flyer (16') with 4,3l mercruser....almost no wake...I was thinking that the OBV will be a great ski boat, but it's a good ski boat.

But we love our OBV...the direct drive wasn't an option with the kid.
    2008 Outback V black

i ski at about 32mph at 15 off. i came up skiing on a centurion direct drive. so, for me, the wake is a little rough. i've only had the boat for about 1 1/2 months. i'm sure i will get used to the wake. i love the versatility of the 09 OBV. i just started wakesurfing, what a blast, and the interior space is great.

Reese350 Guest

We slalom behind our LSV but I think it would be difficult to run the course with it. For open skiing, it's great. If by chance you are in MI, I saw an 09 OBV at Club Royale yesterday if you want to check one out.

Sled491 Guest

I'm a skier 1st and we surf and wake board second. There is a reason they rate only the Outback for AWSA acceptable wake. But most boats will clean up at higher speeds 34 - 36. I think at 30 - 32 your gonna need those knees a pumpin'

09 Outback V has 27 inch draft, LSV 24, Outback or Mobius LS 22. Those numbers mean something.

Smile

I own a Outback dd and skied behind a LSV recently and there is a Big difference. Its skiable but thats it. This was open water so depends what you really want or expect. The Lsv is a very versatile boat but its definetely not for hard skiing. It does everthing else exceptionally well, but in my opinion is not the boat if all you want to do is ski.My .02