Thread: Ballast set-up?

Default Ballast set-up?

I have an 06' Mobius LSV. How much weight do you guy with the same boat run to get the best surf wake? I have about 200lbs in the nose that I don't normally drain. I have 500lbs on the surf side rear. I have the ability to add 300lbs on top of the existing bag , should I? Also do you think I should fill the center tank also. My new board should be here on Monday and I want to put out the best wave I can so I can get ropeless.....

Well I do not have an 06'. I have an 07' I have 400lbs on the surf side, 400lbs in the ski locker, and usually about 4 adults and a couple of kids in the boat. I have everybody sit on the surf side. I also have 1 or 2 adults in the bow. I do this to make the wake longer. One adult at the rear to handle the rope. I get a great looking wake all the time. Its tall and smooth with a nice curl off the top.
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!

On my '07 LSV i run 750 in the port locker, 400 center occasionally, 5-8 peeps (1-2 in bow), plate around 1/2 way. I never run ballast in the nose as the LSV sits low enough as it is. See post below from last weekend ...

Surfing Saturday @ Don Pedro
    2007 Mobius LSV

750 in rear locker-surf side, front ballast in ski locker filled, everone sit on surf side, about 10mph and wake plate about 3/4 bow up. 08 lsv.

then I will sometimes will fill the 400lb bag under the passenger seat-cooler removed and fill a xtra 400lb bag in the walk thru-just makes the wave bigger and longer
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart