Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default "Australian tow boat manufacturer..."

I was curious about the history of Moomba, so I searched around on the internet and found this.

http://www.lewisboats.com.au

Very interesting. They even have boats called, Outback, Moomba,and Boomerang!

Pretty cool!

-Brian

like that eclipse v-drive
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Yep, I am glad they kept the roo. Does Skier's Choice have some sort of partnership with them? Or did after those first molds, did Moomba and Lewis continue along separately?

Saw this site a long time ago. Would love to hear more of the history.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Default Kind of a long story

The association with Lewis?

Back in the 80's, then president of Supra - George Fowler struck a deal with Lewis Boats to bring a boat over from Lewis in exchange for Supra shipping boats to Austrialia for them to build. This boat later became known as the Boomerang. This continued for a few years and the two companies separated their relationship - in a probably a not friendly way, as I am told.
    The Moomba name was created by Supra for use in the USA and never came from "down under". All other brands from the Outback, Mobius,etc from about 1990 have been designed and built here in the US. Some of the current boats & names that are similiar to our products that you know of down in Austrialia would appear to be knock off's of our lines in some manner. Josh Sanders and his Brother Justin are the distributors of both Supra and our Moomba Mobius series in Austrialia and we are excited to be involved and associated with them.

Hope that helps,

Rick

Very interesting. Thank you very much, Rick. We all appreciate you letting us know this. I love to know this history of how things have come to be.

Thanks, indeed. And Ed, you are clairvoyant.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Question

Rick . I was told Mark Overby and Gecko boats were part of the Moomba equation,at some time or another. Can you fill in some of the history linking these boats as well,or is that a bad story? Since we are getting some interesting facts about our beloved boats.

Default Mark

Mark worked with Moomba for a period of time. Wasn't there when I arrived in 96.. Great guy and ambassador of the sport. He then moved on and formed Gekko. So products are not linked, but Mark did work with Moomba.

There are so many "degrees of separation" for many of us within this small industry that you could create quite a Genelogy diagram!

Cool

One big happy family of boaters. It would be interesting to see a family tree of sorts to show the who, what, and wheres of the skiboating industry, Boating industry on a whole would be crazy i imagine,so would be a huge undertaking but at least by keeping it to the skiboat industry it could probably be done.