Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Quote Originally Posted by KINGCOBRA View Post
    I only had to spend $34 and that is with 12' of hose + parts, I had a $5 coupon for reviewing the 1100# upgrade I got from them. Your sig. says '05 LSV but your mentioned the 2013, sounds like you're making an upgrade.
    I'm certainly hoping to make an upgrade to the 2013

2005 mobius lsv 2900lbs ballast
    2005 mobius lsv

It took me a minute(or 5) to digest what fman did. Just to be straight, I'm going to attach hose to 3rd fitting on bag (the one that is currently plugged) and run that up to a Y-fitting to which I also connect the drain hose form bag and after the Y-fitting attach the check valve and then connect that to the thru hull fitting. Is that right? Thanks
    Correct me if I am wrong, but shouldn't the check valve only be on the vent line and not the drain line. If not, there is a slight chance that the drain pump would just keep circulating the water, because of the loop below the thru-hull fitting.
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon

Quote Originally Posted by jstenger View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong, but shouldn't the check valve only be on the vent line and not the drain line. If not, there is a slight chance that the drain pump would just keep circulating the water, because of the loop below the thru-hull fitting.
    check valve should be between the vent port on the bag and the wye or T ( i use a T) fitting. There should be nothing but hose between the wye and the thru-hull on the side of the boat.
    2006 Outback V - Gone
    2008 LSV - Gone
    2013 other brand

Quote Originally Posted by jstenger View Post
    I understand your point, but wouldn't that set up lead me back to the original problem of air entering the bag thru the drain line when I'm towing the boat on the trailer?
    Scott
    '07 Mobius LSV
    Indmar Assault 5.7
    Gravity III- 1100 lb. in port locker, 2300 lbs total
    ACME 1617

I understand your point, but wouldn't that set up lead me back to the original problem of air entering the bag thru the drain line when I'm towing the boat on the trailer?
    King, as long as you have a vent properly installed, it doesn't matter if you get air in the bag. When it's filling with water, the air will get pushed out the vent line.
    2006 Outback V - Gone
    2008 LSV - Gone
    2013 other brand

Very good point
    Scott
    '07 Mobius LSV
    Indmar Assault 5.7
    ACME 1617

I now have the problem that the water level in the bag gets above the vent line before all of the air can be pushed out. I read somewhere that I'm not the only one with this issue. To fix it I removed the vent line and plugged up that hole again. I then installed the check valve on the drain line just before it exits the boat. Problem solved,no more air in my bag.
    Scott
    '07 Mobius LSV
    Indmar Assault 5.7
    ACME 1617