Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceball 1 View Post
    I am an engineer and simple is my name. One vent line drill a hole in the hull and done. No valves to forget to close/open.

Not here to fight, so good job on your fix. I am just making a recommendation.
    Naa i never for a second thought you were. We all have ideas and all ideas are welcomed.

I can see your point if you ran a dedicated line from the front of the ski bag out the hull of the boat. That might be something i look more into when i do a nose bag. Didn't want to drill holes for now.

I like your dedicated idea though.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Yeah i bought a 2001 Mobius this spring that came with the single rear ballast only and i have added an extra 700 lbs in the rear ski locker over the gas tank in addition to stock rear 300 lbs. The 700 lbs drains into the stock bag and a dedicated vent line is a must to get any good system to work correctly. I have also added about 350 to 400 to the front ski locker with a dedicated vent line also. I bought Moomba switches that match my stock panel and modified some $15 sprinkler valves from Lowes to work correctly at the low pressures produced from circulation pumps (no pulsing). I even made a 3/16" alum stand that sets on top of the gas tank to protect it from the weight of the bags. I have less than $150 for the entire system including the aluminum stand, minus the ballast bags. They came with the boat but were not integrated. The system looks completely stock and with the single stock 2000 gph pump i can fill all 1400 lbs in about 10-12 mins and drains in about 5 min. No filling when moving, no emptying when i don't want them to, and no air lock. I did have to drill 3 holes in the hull.

Not to thread jack, but if you need any help you can come to me when do that front bag.

Wow sounds really sweet. I can see how the dedicated vents would work really well. Ill hit ya up later this year when im ready to have the boat down for a few weekends for upgrades.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I just ordered my parts to put a seperate vent line on each bag. I am going to tap into the existing drain lines for each bag with a Y fitting and one way check valve right near the exit hole of the boat. It looks pretty simple and will also be nice to help water spill out when the bag is full and not get pushed through the aerator pump which is how it is currently set up. I would bet I loose 15-25% of the front bag capacity right now with air build up in the bag. Luckly, my bags have en extra capped off port right now I can screw a quick disconnect into and use for the vent line.

Total cost for 3 Y fittings, 3 one way check valves, 15 ft of 3/4" no kink line, hose clamps, etc... $35/per bag. It will be nice to have it filling the correct way, its just a bummer Supra did not look at this when they engineered the system. Guess I wont go into how disappointed I was with there fill system, although I just got finished upgrading that and it works great.

Another option is just unconnecting the quick release drain connection on the front bag. Fman, sounds like you'll have the proper system once you're all done.

Quote Originally Posted by brain_rinse View Post
    Another option is just unconnecting the quick release drain connection on the front bag. Fman, sounds like you'll have the proper system once you're all done.
    Yes you could unhook the line but i wanted somethign simple that i wouldnt have to crawl into the ski locker every time to hook and unhook.

I took it out to the lake last week and there was no air in my bag. Till i turned on the pumps and it pumped it full of air from the line.

Guess ill be looking more into this vent line idea this winter. Or i could unhook the fill line and turn it on a second then hook it to the bag while water is comming out then no air.

Such a frustrating problem.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I just recently started having this problem and were wondering what you ever did to fix it. Thanks
    Scott
    '07 Mobius LSV
    Indmar Assault 5.7
    Gravity III- 1100 lb. in port locker, 2300 lbs total
    ACME 1617

On my boat I vented all the bags and put an inline check valve to keep air from entering back in. Just like fman described above. 2 seasons and no issues.

It took me a minute(or 5) to digest what fman did. Just to be straight, I'm going to attach hose to 3rd fitting on bag (the one that is currently plugged) and run that up to a Y-fitting to which I also connect the drain hose form bag and after the Y-fitting attach the check valve and then connect that to the thru hull fitting. Is that right? Thanks
    Scott
    '07 Mobius LSV
    Indmar Assault 5.7
    Gravity III- 1100 lb. in port locker, 2300 lbs total
    ACME 1617

When you get the parts, could you post some pics and where you purchased them? Would like.to do this upgrade myself

2005 mobius lsv 2900lbs ballast
    2005 mobius lsv