Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

We are a 40% wake board and 60% surfing.

I like both but my back is not dealing well with wake boarding.

Claudia likes both but she can only take 4 or 5 pulls on the wake board. Surfing we have to remind her theres others who want to ride too.

Friends for the most part are 50 50 both. All of them learned to surf behind Fierah woot.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    We are a 40% wake board and 60% surfing.

I like both but my back is not dealing well with wake boarding.

Claudia likes both but she can only take 4 or 5 pulls on the wake board. Surfing we have to remind her theres others who want to ride too.

Friends for the most part are 50 50 both. All of them learned to surf behind Fierah woot.
    I know what you mean about wakeboarding and back pain. Although, I gotta mention, I messed my back up last month carrying a bunch of railroad ties for my garden, I could barely stand without sharp pain and my knees kept trying to buckle when I would walk. We already had a trip planned for the lake two days later so I hoped the pulls would actually help my back and be damned, my back popped back into order on the first pull of the day. Wakeboarding is good chiro for sure. Just it usually puts you OUT of alignment, not that day tho.
    Lance Saville

2009 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by c.rix View Post
    The balance riding is about the same but more confortable. With the board I have if you go too fast it can get scary, but I usually pull the skate at 18mph so its a bit slower than I wakeboard also.
    I like the fact the skate is "loose" I really like to slide the wake, switch, try kickflips, shove its even though I suck and usually crash For me its just more fun that little board is hard

If you get one remember that they come pre installed with "Nut radar" when you attempt to jump the wake and crash smash 2 attempts 2 smashes

The wakeskate I have is a cheap hyperlite wood one with foam pad like a surf I alway ride barefoot and like the feeling of putting my feet where I want and being able to adjust

Get one they are Fun!!!!
    Think I will prob get one soon, been sneaking looks at a ronix zariel my dealer has in his pro-shop. Looks very fun to ride, like a double-wide skateboard. He's got a good demo program so I'll prob check it out before summer ends.
    Lance Saville

2009 Mobius LSV

Default Wakesurfing for me

The majority of people wakeboard but since I keep kicking my own butt so much I have been surfing it up. The falls don't hurt and found the sweet spot and surface 360's with the rope.
    2008 Mobius LSV Brittany Blue and Black

so other than a different board, what else is needed to wakeskate? I have a dealer that I know would let me demo a board. I'm intrigued to try it out...
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Thats all you need is the board if you get the soft rubber top style. It uses a wake board rope still. If you get a board with the sand paper style top you have to have shoes for it.

I havnt tried wake skating i herd its exactly like a skate board.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by lancesaville View Post
    I've been considering picking up a wakeskate, my balance is a lot better when I can put my feet where I want on a surfboard, so i've been thinking I may do better on a wakeskate than I do on a wakeboard. Is it any easier to balance on a skate for you?

lance - My boys really like the wakeskate. No problem getting up. Put their feet where they want. No binding issues. Speed a tick slower. Falls are less painful. Freedom. We won this as a gift at last weekend's Chicago jamboree. A nice addition that they really seem to enjoy. - Deerfield
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    so other than a different board, what else is needed to wakeskate? I have a dealer that I know would let me demo a board. I'm intrigued to try it out...
    nothing well besides a rope but im sure you got one of those

I actually will probably be sellin my ronix covin and shane close toe bindings to get a new wakeskate the wakeboard hasnt left the tower yet this year
    Last edited by c.rix; 08-04-2009 at 11:42 PM.
    2007 Outback V

95% wakeboard
    4% surf
    1% wakeskate
    2008 Mobius LSV Blue and Black.

Sled491 Guest

75 % slalom
    22 % surf
    3 % wakeboard

Oh yeah and don't let anyone with kids fool ya! If there are kids, there is tubing!