Thread: Best wake?

Default Best wake?

My best friend rode behind a Malibu VLX the other day and told me that he would take my boat over the Malibu anyday. My question is what boats have you guys ridden behind, and how do the wakes compare to a Moomba. I have ridden a Supra 22ssv and the wake was very close to mine. I have also ridden behind a 2002 MB sports v-drive and was not impressed. I have never been behind a SAN, Mastercraft, or Malibu.

The best wake I have ridden has to be my buddies 21 foot 03' Air Nautique Team edition. My 08' LSV with full ballast is close to his in size but not shape.

not ridden another boat yet. hoping to get out in the next week or 2 on my buddies '06 tige 22ve. he talks it up a lot..

would love to ride an xstar, sante210 or vlx.. they are rumored to be the best wake machines out there
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Make no mistake about it, our boats are very capable of cutting a mean wake right off the showroom floor. It all comes down to hull design, and skiers choice wasn't kiddin around about catching lightning in a bottle with the mobius LSV. It's one bad boat.
    Lance Saville

2009 Mobius LSV

I have ridden behind an 2008 Tige Rz2 and did not think the wakewas as good as my 2008 LSV.
    2008 Mobius LSV Blue and Black.

Take a set on an XLV with GG ballast and 750's in the rear. Ouch.

Default 1700lbs

I have about 1700lbs placed around the boat not counting people or gear and the wake is very nice. I would alos like to add that I pulled a 15yr old kid over the weekend who's parents own a Malibu and he even said "your boat puts out a nice wake". I bet the Tomcat is huge. I would also like to try one of those Epic boats I hear they are big also.

I have ridden behind an X1 and X15 in the last couple weeks. The X1 only had rear ballast and three people in the boat. We put one person up front and one across from the driver. The wake was decent, but I didn't like it as much as my OB V.

The X15 was a nice wake, too, but it was almost too steep. Maybe I'd like it if I got used to it, but I didn't care for it a whole lot the first two times riding behind it. It has the MCX motor w/ a 15.5 pitch prop, and it pulled me out of the water like I've never been pulled.

Another friend has a Ski Supreme 220V, and with about 1200 lbs of ballast, it had a very similar wake to mine with 1200 lbs of ballast.

My buddy has a 2007' Malibu LSV he says his wake is very close to mine. I did notice that his wake is a little cleaner. I also have a buddy that has a Centurion Enzo 24'. Also, a very nice wake. I have also been behind a Ski Nautique 230. Also a very nice wake. Like it was said earlier. It all depends on budget and skill level. I purchased my boat not knowing how to wakeboard. Two years later, my son is clearing the wake at 75' back and doing toe side 180's over the wake. I think that it is time to upgrade to a Supra maybe. The only difference between the SC boats and all the other boats mentioned above is the Bags. As much as I really like my boat, I really do not care for the bags. I wish our boats had hard tanks. Just my opinion.
    Tazz
    Tazz 07' Moomba LSV --Kicker Marine Amps (MX700.5 & MX350.4) 6 polk DB651 speakers, 4 MB Quartz Marine Speakers, 10" Boston Acoustic Sub, Z-5 Cargo Rack, Custom Speaker/Light Bar, modified ballast system, Custom LED Rings
    Live life to the extreme and no less!!