Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Depth finder (---)

Well I think I need a new puck for the sounder for my depth finder. Anyone just replace the puck? If so did it fix the problem and how much? It works sometimes and has the usual (---), I know the problems not in the display. Any feedback would be great.

Aqua
    2005 Moomba 23 XLV
    340 HP, Clarion 5 HU, 2 Clarion wired digital remotes, 2 Wetsounds 485's, 6 Wetsounds XS 650's, 1 JL 12w6 Sub, 1 Wetsound WS420, 2 JL 300/2amps, 1 Wetsounds Sync 4 amp, 1 JL 500/1 amp. Teak swim platform, Perfect pass. Flip up Bow Light, Chrome tower Nav Light, Chrome thru hulls, Black Bimini, 2 750 Flyhigh bags, 1100 center Flyhigh bag, Acme 1235 14.25 x 14.5 prop, Dual battery system. Evolution Cover. Chrome Blower Vent Covers.

I get the (---) all the time. Had the dealer check it out several times and keeps telling me there is nothing wrong with it. Says that murky or silty water will cause it not to read, but I've had it do it to me in very clear water as well. Have a friend with an 08 LSV and his does the same thing. Not sure what causes it. I think it may be a pretty common issue.
    07 Mobius LS--Razorback Red

Mine only does that when we're over 200', and yes my lakes are over 200'.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Be sure its stuck very well to the hull with no air bubbles in the epoxy. Someone suggested pushing and twisting the puck into the epoxy. That's what I did, and mine seems to work well.

Mine is glue well in place and has worked without issue for three years. Our lake is far from clear so I can rule out the Dealer "lets baffle you with an answer you'd have a difficulty in your response to over come". It started this season and the depth read either (---) or 42 feet regardless if the water depth is a known value. Someone knows the fix and its my guess that knowing the answer will end up cause a sh$t storm for to many. So were stuck with (---). I hope I'm wrong......
    2005 Moomba 23 XLV
    340 HP, Clarion 5 HU, 2 Clarion wired digital remotes, 2 Wetsounds 485's, 6 Wetsounds XS 650's, 1 JL 12w6 Sub, 1 Wetsound WS420, 2 JL 300/2amps, 1 Wetsounds Sync 4 amp, 1 JL 500/1 amp. Teak swim platform, Perfect pass. Flip up Bow Light, Chrome tower Nav Light, Chrome thru hulls, Black Bimini, 2 750 Flyhigh bags, 1100 center Flyhigh bag, Acme 1235 14.25 x 14.5 prop, Dual battery system. Evolution Cover. Chrome Blower Vent Covers.

I get the same (---) reading on and off. It tends to make me worried when i see if but for the most part then it does it im close to 100ft depth. Its never done it to me when 30ft or less of water.

Our lakes arnt clear here there pretty merky, on a few you can see 10feet really well and on others you cant see your own feet in the water.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by Razzman View Post
    Mine only does that when we're over 200', and yes my lakes are over 200'.
    Mine too!
    2008 Outback V black

Who makes the moomba stock depth finder. I know the gauges are Beede..
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

i know that beede makes a depth finder. i would like to know who is the stock manufacturer. my boat did not come with a depth finder and i would like to install one, but one that matches the factory stock one.

Mine works well most of the time but I do get the --- when I'm in 5 feet of water or less, when tied in my slip it says 3 ft tho, it is weird.
    Lance Saville

2009 Mobius LSV