Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by lancesaville View Post
    Mine works well most of the time but I do get the --- when I'm in 5 feet of water or less, when tied in my slip it says 3 ft tho, it is weird.
    That sucks. Water less than 5' is when you need it the most.

ya mine stopped working this season too. crystal clear water here in tahoe so rule that out. sometimes it'll give a random number that i know is not right, but most of the time it just gives the ---. going to take it to the dealer for warranty repair when i pull the boat out this fall.
    Lake Tahoe slaysh / Shred Stixx flo team

Mine is a Teleflex brand and has worked pretty consistently even with semi-murky water on the river. It has flaked out every once in a while but luckily only in places where I knew the river pretty well. Usually killing the ignition and restarting has cleared it up though.

I have considered upgrading to a newer one - I figure my boat is 8yrs old and so is the depth gauge. That means eight years of R&D into a more accurate gauge if I upgraded? Plus if you don't have it some where already, several of them now come with both air and water temp which would be a plus to have.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Default same problem

I've got the same problem - - - , checked all the wiring , checked the puck it is mounted solid gauge seems to work fine . I not really wanting to rip the puck off but if this is the problem sounds like it is happening to lots of owners. The water I boat in is clean and clear so again merky can't be the issue . Depth gauge was working fine last year now nothing have not done anything to boat to cause an issue. WHAT TO DO ?????? If someone has replaced the transducer does this correct the problem?