Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Power Issue?

Default Power Issue?

Hey guys, I have a 00 Mob V with approx. 2000 lbs of ballast. I have the upgraded prop with the 5.7L Assault V8 and it will not get on plane fully loaded. Actually, last weeekend, with 10 people in the boat and no ballast filled, it struggled and took over a minute to pull one light person out of the water & to plane. I've seen some posts on here with 3k of ballast and pulling up on plane in nothing flat, what's wrong with mine? Any ideas? Also go through about 25 gallons of gas in a full day, maybe day & a half; normal or related? Let me know you're ideas, thanks.

Your boat should plane without much of an issue, especially if you have a lower pitch prop. Is it carb or EFI? There could be a number of reasons it's down on power, but it definitely sounds like it is.

It is an EFI, yeah I would think there should be no problem pulling someone with a full boat or even full ballast. It will run near full throttle and never plane out with the ballast all full.

prop=key to the whole thing it sounds like. Are you sure its a wakeboard upgrade prop? Only reason im questioning it is I had a 03 lsv with the standard prop and it would not get my boat on plane with 2k in surf balast where my newer 08 lsv (same 325hp in both boats) with the "wakeboard" prop will plane the heavier boat with 2k surf balast and with people in it no problem.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Here is a pick of it, I was told it was the upgraded prop when I bought the boat and assumed so since it is a 4 blade. Not sure you can tell by the pic or not, let me know. Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

from the pic i would say its not-only cause it doesnt look like my prop-could be very wrong tho. look for some numbers stamped in the prop and that should say what size it is. 13x13,14x17 or something like that.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Just because it has 4 blades doesn't mean it is designed for heavily weighted boats. My 2001 Outback DD came with a 13x13 3 blade and when I damaged it, I swapped it to a 4 blade, but still a 13x13.

True, i took a quick glance over lunch and did not see the size posted anywhere just a 14 off by itself then it looked like a 1 and an 8 spaced pretty far apart from each other and "cup" stamped on it. I'll look again today after work.

Both my boats had 4 blade props--world of difference in them. Kinda think you have the standard prop.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold

My 2002 lsv came with a 4 blade 14 x 18 1/2 prop. it does ok with 1500 pounds ballast but I would still like to get a lower pitch prop.