Quote Originally Posted by Hydrofoiljunky View Post
I know it was not asked but, you might as well throw Wetsounds into the mix as well. I think they have both beat. Just throwing that out there in case you want the absolute best speakers. Do they cost more, you better believe it. Guess it kinda goes back to how much do you wanna spend? For my money, I love the sound of the Kicker Products. Would love to have a listen to the Polks VS the Kickers VS JBLS VS Wetsounds all at the same time, but I know that's never gonna happen. Take it easy Guys

C
I have the polks in my truck and wetsounds in the boat, To me the polks sounds JUST AS CLEAR AND CRISP as the wetsounds, just the wetsounds can be cranked all the way up without distorting and the polks can't. WS have a ton more volume when powered right. But I think your original question was JBL vs KICKER in boats, in which case I'd go with the kicker 620.1's like factory. They are fine for standard in-boat speakers, only get the ws-650's if you want more VOLUME - like piss off your neighbors and hurt your own ears at the same time kinda volume - The clarity will be relatively the same, the WS-650's offer a little more mid-bass as well.