I have some questions in regards to the break in period and some other engine operations standards.

I am working on the break in of my new 04 Mobius LS. As of now I have 4.7 hours on it, but noticed during the last hour of use and the temp was approaching 240 degrees!!! This alarmed me but there was nothing I could do about it. I shut the engine down for a while ran the blower and opened the cover, but the temp did not change, so I took it easy back into the docks and shut her down. I guess my question is, how worried should I be about the integrity of my engine after operating at a temp in the 240 range?

Also I was reading through the engine manual and they said not to throttle the engine in reverse. Well while I was out on the boat I came into a situation where I had to do just that. I guess this can cause hydrolock with a marine engine, I was unaware of this under the circumstances. My next question then would be how soon would I know or feel the effects of hydrolock?

Should I just contact my dealer and let them check it all out or run it myself and monitor the temperature situation and check the engine oil for signs of water??? Please anyone with answers please post them ASAP.

Thanks.