Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Ed G View Post
    the jabsco's in my boat (09 OBV) shut off when they sense no water being pumped.

It's rare one will ever need to replace the entire pump, but the bearings in the impellor (and blades) will eventually wear and need to be replaced and that typically costs about $30 - $35 ea.
    They are having problems with the JABSCO pumps, if you follow wakeworld, many mastercraft and malibu boats are having issues with impellers. I believe the impeller rebuild kits are running about $50 each. Not that it will happen to you, but the longevity of an impeller driven pump and aerator pumps are not the same. You can run an aerator pump forever dry and it will not burn up. Plus as I mentioned, the Tsunamis pump more GPM's than the JABSCO (9 GPM-Jabsco, 13.4 for the Tsunami). Downfall to the aerator pump is it will not create its own prime, and will not stop water from going past the pump like the impeller drive JABSCO reversible will do. And the impeller pumps (JABSCO) will draft water up to 10 ft. The Tsunami's need to be mounted lower than the draft in the boat to work properly.

This is why the '08's and older have seperate drain pumps on each bag that are aerator pumps. I was surprised Supra/Moomba did not leave the drain pumps in place just for the sake of not having someone burn there pump up when they drain the bag. Definitel improvement on the impeller pumps, but if the sensor fails it will burn the pump up. Surprised they did not use the Jabsco to fill and the aerator pump to drain the bags. Guess time will tell how it works.

I hope your JABSCO's hold up well for you. They are nice pumps, and work great as long as they never run dry.

P.S. I saw your picture of you surfing, nice wake! although, dude come on out to California so you can loose that wetsuit!!!!
    Last edited by Fman; 08-05-2009 at 01:58 AM.