Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I'm thinking about doing this upgrade myself. My question is though, I didn't see any filter setup within your manifold, do you not need one?
    2005 Mobius XLV GG, 340HP motor, 2500lb ballast, Kenwood KDC-X993 head unit w/usb port for iPod, Z5 cargo bimini

Quote Originally Posted by akamax_power View Post
    I'm thinking about doing this upgrade myself. My question is though, I didn't see any filter setup within your manifold, do you not need one?
    In our experience, when you remove the sprinkler valves it's no longer necessary to have the filter in place. The primary function of that filter in the factory system is to prevent lake debris from plugging the diaphragm in the sprinkler valves, which causes them to fail. Once you remove the sprinkler valves, that's no longer a concern, and helps increase the flow of water.

Fman,

Nice work. Since you redid the whole system, did u consider upgrading everything to 1" (hoses, fittings, etc.)? I believe the intake pipe is 1", isn't it?
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by cab13367 View Post
    Fman,

Nice work. Since you redid the whole system, did u consider upgrading everything to 1" (hoses, fittings, etc.)? I believe the intake pipe is 1", isn't it?
    My stock intake grate/scupper is 3/4". The Tsunami 1200's have no adaptors for them because of the strange thread pattern they used. You will definitely get better GPM flow with a 1" line. If you chose to do my setup with the 1200's, you would need to have a seperate intake for each pump. The 3/4" intake grate will support up to 40 GPM, anything above and beyond this would need its own intake. With the (3)Tsunami 800's running you will get about 39 GPM, with (3) 1200's running you will pump 60 GPM.

I chose the 800's because I was happy with 39 GPM, but it would only get better with the 1200's. It was easy to make a manifold for the 800's (NPT thread) and its a clean looking setup. I know you can use the 1200's, it requires multiple fittings. Either way, its such a huge performance upgrade from the stock sprinkler valve setup.
    2008 SUPRA Launch 22 SSV
    2011 Malibu VLX
    2013 Malibu VLX

Fman, since your not going to use that silly ole' Rule pump why don't you send it my way?

PWI as usual...