Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Swivel board racks falling apart!

On my '08 22V my board racks are becoming more and more sloppy. I have contacted Roswell and they are supposed to be sending me a replacement upgrade with a better re-designed system. I will believe it when they arrive at my house, they have been on back order for a couple months. Apparrently, this week they are supposed to ship them out.

Has anyone else had problems with there racks???? I cant see how they thought this was acceptable to place in production, my racks easily have 1 1/4" of play in them with boards loaded on them. I am using the safety pin to help them from breaking but I am convinced if they dont get replaced they are going to break. I am very close to start using a strap to wrap around them to help them from shaking and wobbling. Kind of sad on a 2008 boat

Has anyone else replaced there racks from Roswell with new pin style? and how do you like them?

Not trying to gripe about my Supra, but the swivel racks and the ballast system are my only two complaints about this boat. Other than that, its been a great time this summer.

Fman you might want to ask this on the Supra forum as Moombas don't have the swivel racks or the option, wish they did.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Sled491 Guest

Razz that's funny, but goes to show who has the better board

Razzman,

Maybe we don't want those swivel racks after all?

Are swivel racks all that great? It is not that hard to put up a board or take them down and i have heard of other people having problems with swivel racks on other fourms.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

The swivel racks work great, I would never own a boat without them. Roswell has made a new design that is much better and putting them on the '09 Supra's. Thought the Moomba's had them too, my bad. I will say they are very nice to have and make taking the boards off and on MUCH easier, especially when kids are taking them off and removing.

Fman,

I had mine waranteed out. The new pin styles are much more stable, more compact, and more stylish. They are brushed instead of powder coated and easier to keep clean. The pivot is much tighter and unless I am very rough water I don't need to put the pin in. You will be pleased.

Jason
    -Jay
    2008 Supra 21V

The dealer that I bought my boat at sells both supra and moomba. I remember before I bought my boat we were looking at the Roswell Boardracks on the supras. He was showing me how they had so much play in them while we were in the showroom.
    2008 Mobius LSV Blue and Black.

i had roswell swivel racks on my moomba for about 3 months. they fell apart. i returned them and went with the regular moomba racks. i think i would like the swivel racks, but i have heard several people with failure problems. though i have heard that roswell has been very good about repair/replace the bad swivels.

I really don't like our swivel racks. I don't see the need, as we just stand on the step on the edge of the boat to get a board out. The only time I like them is when getting gas at the marina. it's covered and the pvc poles hit the boards. I swivel the gas side into the boat to fill up then back out, but otherwise ours never spin.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten