Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default 2008 XLV Gravity Games

I am looking at purchasing either a 2008 leftover gravity games xlv or a 2009 supra launch 21v. One question I have is the difference in the perfect pass system, the Supras seem to do it all, and set the speed and the plate per user. All I can find out or read on the internet is that the XLV's only does the speed and the plate is manual. I am looking for the simplest system to set up. Any help or pro's or con's of these two boats would be appreciated.

Thanks Matt

I have the perfectpass setup that does not adjust the wakeplate on my supra and it's not a real dealbreaker. I guess I can see the advantages of having something like the malibu ride that even sets the ballast, but a few adjustments to the wakeplate are not a big deal. you may find that you get it set for each rider and have to adjust it anyway for the lake conditions of the day.

I, personally would focus on the boat that offers the better features for the riding you plan on doing and which one looks like the best value for your family.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Thanks for the information, its a tough choice between the two, but I do like the added room of the XLV. I am coming from bass boats, and my concern is in bass boats, you want the max horsepower, I was wondering if the XLV would be underpowered with the 325 HP motor compared to the 21V with the same horsepower and the fuel economy being worse pushing the bigger boat. This is like my midlife crisis switching from fishing to wake boarding and want to get the right boat.

Thanks Matt

personally, both are great boats, but if I had to pick one, not related to price, I would probably take the xlv, mainly for what I would perceive to be a good surf wake. I have not heard many good things about the 21v as a surf boat, however has a great wakeboard wake. for surfing, the 20/22/24ssv are better surf boats from supra.

being this is a mid-life crisis change, if you don't plan on keeping them real long-term, look up residuals when you plan to sell compared to cost to purchase as well..

I have never driven anything with the 325hp, as I have the 340hp and it does just fine. I wouldn't think that you will have any issues with the 325 as it's sold in a lot of boats. prop will make a bigger difference...
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Just something to think about-I have the 325hp in my lsv(think its only 300?lb lighter than the xlv) and this boat will jump on plane and run with 2500lb of ballast and people in it with no problem. I do have the upgraded wakeboard prop.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Thanks for the info, I am leaning more and more towards the gravity XLV, was just concerned about the power. my bass boat now has a mercury 250XS racing motor on it so I am going to have to get used to going slower. I plan on keeping it for a good while since I am completely burnt out on fishing, plus my wife is really excited to do this instead of fishing she already got set up at a shop and bought everything but the boat LOL. Should I opt to get the wakeboard prop for better performance, and how much top end do you loose with it?

Thanks Matt

I just purchased an 09 XLV and i originally had the same concern about the horsepower and I have not been disappointed with the 325. I typically have 6-10 people on board with their gear and have run with the ballast anywhere from empty to about 80% full and she comes up on plane much quicker than I would have expected. I do have the upgraded wakeboard prop which does make a difference. You also may want to see if your dealer will let you demo the boats.
    2015 MOJO
    09 XLV - Roxy Blue (SOLD)

Sled491 Guest

I know what you mean about the speed. I went from a 60mph boat to a 45 mph boat. But you get used to it. In fact at the Midwest Jamboree the other weekend I was just comenting to Deerfield how cruising at 28 mph with these boats is just fine. Good sound, good feel, and you get to see more

yea, I will miss running down the lake at 80 MPH, but I think it will be a good change. My question is, if I go to the dealer to demo, is it going to be the boat I purchase? my reason for asking is I read about the engine break in and the rpm's shouldn't be above 2000 RPM for the first two hours and really that isn't going to show me how well the boat operates. Hopefully I will have a new ride within the week, just gotta make that big decision!

Thanks again Matt

Sled491 Guest

No they'll have a broken in boat the have registered and have been using all summer for your demo, because your right, what kind of demo is idle speed