Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

You can crank the wheel all the way to the left (?? I think it was to the left??) before getting into reverse and it will help to straighten out the path a little. It will still turn, but a lot less than just leaving the wheel centered.

I agree with the others - going slow is key.
    07 Supra 21v

bumping the throttle is one key to inboards, once you get it you can park it on a dime.
    I do have dual outboards and this boat I can put anywhere, forward or reverse and even spin it on its axis! But I still love the inboard!!! Just remember that it will go right in reverse and use it to your advantage, then throw in forward and bump, bump, bump to get your bow where you want it to be!

My rudder broke one time, and using reverse was the only way to steer. Now is when things get complicated. You would think a boat in forward would hold a straight line. No. As the prop spins, it "torques" the boat one way. Usually to starboard. So as I drove a little, I had to reverse a little, drive a little, reverse a little... Less learned, if you get shallow and hit mud, do no back out of it. Get out of the boat into the water, and push it.

Quote Originally Posted by gcnettl View Post
    My rudder broke one time, and using reverse was the only way to steer. Now is when things get complicated. You would think a boat in forward would hold a straight line. No. As the prop spins, it "torques" the boat one way. Usually to starboard. So as I drove a little, I had to reverse a little, drive a little, reverse a little... Less learned, if you get shallow and hit mud, do no back out of it. Get out of the boat into the water, and push it.
    I just keep imagining those cheap little RC cars with the reverse steering only. You back it up and the wheels automaticaly go in a right reverse turn then you go forward again LOL
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]